Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coagula Free Image to sound synthesizer for Windows users!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coagula Free Image to sound synthesizer for Windows users!

    http://www.abc.se/~re/Coagula/Coagula.html

    This is very much like metasynth but I have not had the chance to test it since it is a windows only app.

    Let me know what you think
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

  • #2
    I think (I’m not on Windows so I can’t try it) it’s more like Photosounder (Mac & Win) than MetaSynth. A straight forward FFT image processing software.... Although MetaSynth can convert images into sounds and vice versa, it is way more deep & complex then these two...
    http://soundcloud.com/red-fog
    http://landofthedrones.blogspot.ca

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Red Fog View Post
      I think (I’m not on Windows so I can’t try it) it’s more like Photosounder (Mac & Win) than MetaSynth. A straight forward FFT image processing software.... Although MetaSynth can convert images into sounds and vice versa, it is way more deep & complex then these two...
      Yah I should have said it is like metasynths image synth or photosounder.

      I miss metasynth, I should have not sold it, its such an amazing program.
      -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

      Comment


      • #4
        I would be more interested if it could output MIDI. I have been looking for something that I could use to create MIDI from images for a while, but the only stuff I can find is really dated.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
          I miss metasynth, I should have not sold it, its such an amazing program.
          Posted yesterday... :razz: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...asynth#5257192
          http://soundcloud.com/red-fog
          http://landofthedrones.blogspot.ca

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by robojam View Post
            I would be more interested if it could output MIDI. I have been looking for something that I could use to create MIDI from images for a while, but the only stuff I can find is really dated.
            Hmmmm for something specific like that I guess the way would be to dive into Csound or Max/MSP and create your very own instrument for that....
            http://soundcloud.com/red-fog
            http://landofthedrones.blogspot.ca

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't have Max/MSP though. Was really looking for something pre-built, but most of what I found is 10 years old.

              Comment


              • #8
                For a quick hit of instant image-based weirdness I like g200ks spectrobits - http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/spectrobits.html

                vst so no messing around with generating/saving sounds (as with coagula) though I guess not as deep either.
                Latest release: never to be repeated

                Hearthis | Soundcloud

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by robojam View Post
                  I would be more interested if it could output MIDI. I have been looking for something that I could use to create MIDI from images for a while, but the only stuff I can find is really dated.
                  Have you tried RGB MusicLab?
                  SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                  Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                  "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
                    http://www.abc.se/~re/Coagula/Coagula.html

                    This is very much like metasynth but I have not had the chance to test it since it is a windows only app.

                    Let me know what you think
                    I use it and it works fine for me. I did few Dark Ambient tracks using sounds generated in Coagula.

                    I recommend this Warren Burt's article on using Coagula to create drones

                    I am Windows-based, but I know that MetaSynth is far more advanced than Coagula.
                    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
                    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
                    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
                      Have you tried RGB MusicLab?
                      Don't recall if I did, but will check that out once my daughter has fallen asleep

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I tried RGB Musiclab, but one thing I noticed is that it's stated to not work in Windows 7

                        I haven't fully set up the Windows 7 machine yet, but once it's set up I would want something that works in Windows 7.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X