Hornet Spaces reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornet Spaces reverb

Yep, another algorithmic reverb but a slightly different take on the subject (room simulation) and Hornet plugs are normally great value. Not sure about the Star Trek inspired GUI though...

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-spaces/
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Yeah, the price is right. I'll probably check it out but I am saving my pennies to afford the Adaptiverb by the end of September. Hornet is always a good price, solid plug, and CP never gets in the way. I hope he continues to have success.

From the write-up it seems to be focused on the opposite end of the spectrum from Adaptiverb; creating realistic spaces.

Don't mind the GUI, I love a good skeuomorph, but flat is always a good choice, IMO. While a good GUI can really attract me, it's not often a bad one repels if the plug does something worthwhile. When you instantiate it you are required to say "Make it so" or at least "Engage!". He even admits to the ST vibe by calling it a "23rd century GUI"

It'd be cool if users can change color schemes.
    Last edited by aoVI; 08-26-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Looks great for making unconventional room sounds. Does it only show the first 3 axial modes?
      Makrotulpa - SKON - Blog - Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
        Hornet is always a good price.
        And he has a habit of having 40/50% sales regularly, like monthly...

Originally posted by Makrotulpa
        Does it only show the first 3 axial modes?
        As in HxWxL? Yeah, everything is there on the GUI, nothing hidden. It's certainly no RaySpace in terms of complexity. I like the sound though. The small spaces are very good, bigger ones maybe not so but still usable in an effect capacity. I found sending a drum loop through a large room at some settings resulted in definite separate delays rather than a combined whole.
        Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Think I'd be tempted to make either horrible sounding cube rooms or go for a golden ratio.
          Rayspace - now that's a plugin that needs a modern 64bit version!
          Makrotulpa - SKON - Blog - Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
          X