Own any Focusrite gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own any Focusrite gear?

I bought a Focusrite ISA One several years ago, and never registered it. Just by chance I saw Focusrite was giving away Eventide's 2016 Room reverb for Focusrite interface owners.

I registered my ISA One (it's a mic pre) even stating the more-or-less correct date of purchase (like fall 4 years ago) and was eligible for the plug in.

If you own any focusrite gear, grab this plug!

Link to the promo page

Ooh, I've only got a couple of free plugins that came with a magazine (midnight suite I think) but the reverbs in my account...

In my ignorance, is this worthwhile if I already have VVV etc? I see it needs ilok which I generally avoid,
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

It's a decent-sounding and smooth reverb, but nothing extraordinary or incredibly unique. Certainly worth getting for free if you already are a focusrite owner.

I am one of those sick people who actually wishes all my licenses were iLok'd; but if you wish to avoid Pace/iLok, I wouldn't say the 2016SR is really worthy of reconsidering your position over(just a reminder no dongle is required, you can activate on your HD).

If you are ever considering getting the Eventide Anthology X, this will count towards a reduced upgrade price. If you used this and the Ultrachannel Eventide gave away for free a while back, they would knock off almost a quarter of the retail price for nothing at all.

I wouldn't have considered purchasing it at retail ($199) but being free...why not? You can always go ahead and get the serial/activation code in case you ever change your mind. No reselling though, the license is NFR due to it being a give-away.
      Last edited by aoVI; 09-03-2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I obviously grabbed it, seeing as I already owned Focusrite's VRM Box. That said, I find it hard to believe they're really charging what they are for this, as there isn't all that much to set it apart from other units out there. Still, it does have a nice sound to it and, as you said, it's well worth picking up for free.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
          I wouldn't have considered purchasing it at retail ($199) but being free...why not? You can always go ahead and get the serial/activation code in case you ever change your mind. No reselling though, the license is NFR due to it being a give-away.
          I lost a couple of free licenses in the ilok software manager thing when a hard drive went bad so have tended to avoid it since then (try to keep things simple so less time troubleshooting etc). Obviously if a plug I really used went that way I'd reconsider.

I have the serial and license in my account, anyone know if anyone can just use them or do they have to be transferred to another account (lost the will to live a little reading through the install/authentication instructions...)?

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I misread the license; it is a regular license.

I have always found iLok to be one of the easy authorization processes, but then again, I have 60-something licenses through iLok so the process has become second nature. I use the dongle and only use the soft-license for demos. You will have to do one or the other in order to use the plugin though.

I have used iLok since day 1 of my in-the-box recording (started out on ProTools) and have not had a single issue in 5 years--doesn't mean no issues have ever happened to anyone else, just sharing my experience. I also don't hop on updates and such immediately, so avoided the cluster-f two years ago when things got crazy with the license manager.

I also am not one to resell licenses, so transfer fees mean nothing to me. I will buy second hand, but have never sold a plug to date.

If you aren't ready to go iLok just yet, you can hold on to the serial and license key until you are. They will not expire, but you can't use the plug until you authorize it via iLok. If you do not register I am reasonably certain you could just give those credentials to someone else and they could register the plug without incurring any fees.

Simplest instructions for authorization:

• Go to or create an account at Eventide.com (click on the "My Account" link at the right hand top of the page)

• Click on "register a new product" tab on your account page

• from the drop down menu, select product category (Native Plugin) and Product (2016 Stereo Room)

• Three new boxes will appear and enter your serial number, license key, and iLok user name.

• You are now registered and a license has been deposited in your Ilok account.

• Launch iLok License manager and activate your license on a dongle or your hard drive.
            Last edited by aoVI; 09-05-2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Someone at KvR suggested you don't even need a Focusrite product, just create an account there and the serial etc will be availble.

So, I had to test the theory and now have two serials etc.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I had an old Focusrite interface sitting in a box and was able to get the plugin. So now I got this for free, they had a Blackhole promo a few months ago and got that for $49, and picked up UltraReverb when it had a pre-order promo for $99. So that's $600 in Eventide reverbs that I got for $150 :D

Comment

Nice!

I've been doing the same thing; 2016SR and UltraChannel on a free promo, Blackhole, Ultrareverb, Quadravox, Band Delays, and the H910/dual all on discounted sales. Considering getting Anthology X, but the upgrades stop at trading in 3 plugins, which they choose, and it's still pretty steep. Maybe there will be a crazy upgrade sale around Black Friday...

Comment

Working...
                  X