Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfiltered Audios Sandman Pro

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/p...ndman_pro.html

Looks pretty awesome, I mentioned somewhere a while back how great it would be to have the new Dent style modulation system in Sandman, wishes do come true...

$29 upgrade for existing Sandman owners (which if you got it when it first came out at $19 is quite a bargain).
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

At first I thought, "I don't really need modulation abilities, I can skip the update, " and was about to go on to the next thread.

But then I figured I'd just have a look anyway, so I clicked.

You didn't mention:

• The new Sandman Pro adds seven new delay modes— each fitted with its own set of adjustable controls—that greatly expand its sonic palette while driving maximum delay times to a staggering 16 minutes.
    • Use Classic Tape mode to lather echoes, loops and grains with virtual tape saturation, wow and flutter.
    • Use the ultra-smooth Reverse mode to produce click-free, haunting reverse echoes.
    • Use the dual-mono Pitch Shifter mode to create vocal harmonies, classic shimmer effects, metallic textures and more.

I guess you were only trying to protect me.

Comment

Okay... I guess I am going to have to give this a closer look...

I use Timeless 2 but perhaps I need a change
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
        I guess you were only trying to protect me.
        Yeah, that's it.

And everybody else (sixteen minutes of delay in your hands... talk about visconti-ing the fabric of time...)
        Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Hmmm... I'm not a member of Plugin Alliance.

So I joined... Doesn't cost anything.

I went to my new account page to have a look around. Right at the bottom of the page there is a link for closing your account with PA. Just below that link is says, "If you close your account, you will lose all purchased plugins and licenses."

That concerns me a little... I mean, if I purchase something, surely it is mine to use, once licensed. Why would I need to be a continuing member of some organisation in order to continue using a product that I purchased off them.

Can't think why I would want to close my account, but I think my concern is a valid one.

And what if Plugin Alliance ceases to exist? Do all their plugins stop working?

I've e-mailed them..

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
            Hmmm... I'm not a member of Plugin Alliance.

So I joined... Doesn't cost anything.

I went to my new account page to have a look around. Right at the bottom of the page there is a link for closing your account with PA. Just below that link is says, "If you close your account, you will lose all purchased plugins and licenses."

That concerns me a little... I mean, if I purchase something, surely it is mine to use, once licensed. Why would I need to be a continuing member of some organisation in order to continue using a product that I purchased off them.

Can't think why I would want to close my account, but I think my concern is a valid one.

And what if Plugin Alliance ceases to exist? Do all their plugins stop working?

I've e-mailed them..
            I'm guessing the reason for this is to protect themselves, in case somebody deletes their account with them and then wonders why they can no longer download the plugs they bought from PA. I mean, if you delete your account, then there will be no record of what you bought..or even who you are in the first place.

All that said, the best thing to do..which I do anyway..is back up everything you buy in a "Paid For" folder off-line, so you always have the setup files and reg codes to hand should you ever need them. The fact you bought them online via PA doesn't matter..I'm only 95% sure, but I'd say they'll still install without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post

I'm guessing the reason for this is to protect themselves, in case somebody deletes their account with them and then wonders why they can no longer download the plugs they bought from PA. I mean, if you delete your account, then there will be no record of what you bought..or even who you are in the first place.

All that said, the best thing to do..which I do anyway..is back up everything you buy in a "Paid For" folder off-line, so you always have the setup files and reg codes to hand should you ever need them. The fact you bought them online via PA doesn't matter..I'm only 95% sure, but I'd say they'll still install without any issues.
              Thanks

I'm waiting for them to come back to me and I won't be making a purchase until I am sure. I've bought stuff from a few vendors now and I've never seen this kind of thing before.

cheers

andy
              Last edited by synkrotron; 10-21-2016, 11:43 AM. Reason: Made a mess of the quote...

Comment

I've heard back and all is well...

Comment

My very last purchase of the year, honest

£50 today only...

Comment

There are still 8 days to go......
                    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Looks like the $29 upgrade offer has been dropped..it's now on offer for $49 to those who already own Sandman..still, not to shabby, given what it can do. :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                      X