Anyone use FLStudio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use FLStudio?

I have been impressed by my couple of days with the FL Studio demo. Very different what I am used to- Reaper. How is FL for linear workflows using audio. It seems that withought snap enabled it is much like other daws. Way better than when I last looked 10 years or more ago

thoughts?

I hope you know I am just kidding about
    :hug:

Comment

Ha ha . That is probably my old attitude from over 10 years ago . But it has a lot to recommend it. Certainly compared to reaper. I think I will get it, 20% off at the moment. Very good midi editing, something reaper is only average for

Comment

I think that's half it's problem, people tried it in the early days and don't appreciate how far it's come since those days.

I should try it again sometime.
        Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
          I think that's half it's problem, people tried it in the early days and don't appreciate how far it's come since those days.

I should try it again sometime.
          aaand.... I bought it. I think it will be a lot of fun and a great adjunct to reaper

Comment

So far still looking to be very powerful and with a great workflow. Definitely a big learning curve coming from Reaper but I think will end up a much more powerful system compared to Reaper. Will see how things develop over the next few weeks. Their Patcher system is very useful. https://www.image-line.com/support/F...ns/Patcher.htm

the graphics and interface are generally much better, better visual feedback and so forth. The sorts of UI detail that gets pilloried as rubbish on the Reaper forum
            Last edited by ; 12-27-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I've been using it exclusively for well over a decade. It's an amazing program that had a terrible start. Obviously, the name didn't help.
              Glad to hear you ended up purchasing it. That's the other nice thing: You'll never have to buy it again. They're serious about those lifetime updates.

Have fun exploring!
              Mike Carss -- Altus : aural journeys for the mind's eye
              altusmusic.ca
              Bandcamp

Comment

I'm finding that FL, in this first piece, is encouraging me to prototype or sketch out the work. Very different from working in Reaper- perhaps just the habits I developed but I do think it is also the more refined interface in FL as well as the pattern oriented workflow. I'm quite liking the way the channels encourage a defined yet flexible set of resources.

Comment

Working...
                X