X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSTForx

http://www.vstforx.de/

Anyone else tried it?

New pre-release version out that I've yet to try but original beta was fun to play with, modular host effectively that is also a vst itself. Lots of potentially powerful parameter modulation options.

As much as I like Reaper, I do miss having some modular routability (new word!) and haven't found any of the existing options (energyxt, plogue etc) really did it for me. Time to play...

Pretty cheap too, 20% off in pre-release so around £10/€12/$17?
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
    http://www.vstforx.de/

Anyone else tried it?

New pre-release version out that I've yet to try but original beta was fun to play with, modular host effectively that is also a vst itself. Lots of potentially powerful parameter modulation options.

As much as I like Reaper, I do miss having some modular routability (new word!) and haven't found any of the existing options (energyxt, plogue etc) really did it for me. Time to play...

Pretty cheap too, 20% off in pre-release so around £10/€12/$17?
    I tried it and it is FANTASTIC. The idea of FX network is beautiful, and its realisation in VSTForx is useable.
    I did tests, and I'm waiting for final version.
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Hard to believe it can do all this for less than $20. I noticed it can generate "parameter" values from audio signals. Does anyone know if it can generate MIDI output based on these parameters? With only one input and output, it seems without it, only self-modulation is possible. I am definitely going to check this out.

Comment

Wow, that looks really good, and I noticed another use for it - when it goes 64 bit it will be able to load both 32 and 64 bit plugs - instant bit bridge replacement! Think I might invest in that later tonight.

Comment

Downloaded it then forgot the next time I had the chance to sit down and do something. Will unzip the beta and check it out later if I can (or maybe tomorrow now as my wife is sick so might be on the go for most of the night)

Comment

Did anyone jump on this offer? Expires tomorrow, I probably will although I'm not totally won over yet by it's useability (seem to have to often drag connections a couple of times before they take, adding plugins is cumbersome etc).

Very easy to come up with cool sounds quickly though so worth supporting imo.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thanks for this, Gary. Yeah..I just bought it..even with any current bugs it may have, it looks like a real keeper at that introductory price, given what it can do even as it stands right now!

The way I'm looking at this is it IS currently working..albeit a bit buggy, going by some of the posts..but that's to be expected with any new software..and the possibilities this offers down the line, once Johannes develops it further, is well worth the low cost if you get it now. No brainer really..if you have the cash handy to get it.

I noticed that one of the most popular future features voted on over on his site is the 64 bit version (I just voted for that, too!), which, asrobojam pointed out above, "it will be able to load both 32 and 64 bit plugs - instant bit bridge replacement." I just sent Johannes an email asking him how long he thinks it's going to be before he releases a 64 bit version, but I'm guessing it won't be any time soon..though, hopefully, I am wrong about this. I'll post here letting you guys know what he says..if and when he replies back to me.

Comment

I bought it but have had so little time for music recently that I haven't had a chance to explore it much.

Looking forward to the bit bridge type capabilities when they're implemented so I can still use older plugs within this.

Comment

I got a reply back from Johannes and it was as follows..

"That's hard to answer, but I start developing right after finishing the Mac version.

sincerely
                  Johannes
                  "

Looks like my guess that it will be a while wasn't so far off the mark. Still, well worth supporting, I think.

Comment

I had another little play and came up with this awesome little soundbite (delayed drumloop with adsr modulated filters and panners etc).

Had to buy it after that.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

In case anyone missed it, it's now in 64 bit!

Also, the dev now has a VSTForx forum over at KVR for those of you who are interested in following it there.

Comment

Working...
                      X