Granular Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granular Purchase

I'm thinking about getting Padshop Pro again to add some sound effects to the tunes I'm working on, but I'd like to hear others' suggestions on what I might try instead.

Padshop Pro (upgrade with soundset) is right in my current price range. I don't have much money right now. :(

Originally posted by Dax IX View Post
    I'm thinking about getting Padshop Pro again to add some sound effects to the tunes I'm working on, but I'd like to hear others' suggestions on what I might try instead.

Padshop Pro (upgrade with soundset) is right in my current price range. I don't have much money right now. :(
    Accidentally I found many interesting names of granular audio processing software HERE ;)
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Yup, saw that, too. :D

I'm just wondering what people might suggest in my price range right now ($35 USD). I would like something fairly easy to use, but as versatile as possible.

I can wrap my head around Padshop Pro, so I may pick that up today if I don't hear any other recommendations.

Comment

If you're looking for sound effects, why not just go the sample route? You can use sites like freesounds.org, particularly if you manipulate the samples with a bunch of FX.

Price = free

Comment

Mark and my brother makes some interesting sounds and I'd like to record them and use them for intros. ;)

Looking at M-RGT tools now. I've said I'd buy one for a long time. Which is best? :hmmm:

Comment

Mark and my brother makes some interesting sounds and I'd like to record them and use them for intros. ;)

Looking at M-RGT tools now. I've said I'd buy one for a long time. Which is best? :hmmm:
            Ambitron: It gives you most control over processing parameters.
            SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
            Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
            "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post

Ambitron: It gives you most control over processing parameters.
              Thanks! I guess I'll pick that up.

Comment

I really like Padshop Pro, and I bought 3 licenses with the extra soundset so I could run it without the eLicenser on all my computers. I just bought another copy of Cubase 7 that came with Padshop Pro plus the soundsets, so now I have 4. If you decide to go the Padshop Pro route, shoot me a PM and I'll make you a good deal on it, or possibly trade for something you don't use anymore.

Comment

Ooh. Now that sounds like a deal-and-a-half! :tu:

I'm already familiar with Padshop Pro, so perhaps (sorry, Bobbotov!) I'll wait a little more on Ambitron and go for that to save a little money.

The only thing I have to offer is an eLicenser with the MP3 extension, but it sounds like you don't need that.

Shoot me your price and I'll pay right away!

Comment

Don't you have Komplete? Lots of granular weirdness in the Reaktor user library.
                    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

I don't have Komplete anymore, but I do still have Reaktor. Why do I keep forgetting about it? :hmmm:

Comment

My first thought was Ambitron/PsyGen. I really love both of them.

Comment

So are we going to hear flatulent ambient soon? :D

Comment

Dax IX, I've used a lot of them and I still think PadShop Pro wins hands down over them all. Don't get me wrong..each one of the programs I've ever tired have had their own little points of worth that makes them stand out..but with PadShop Pro it's the quality of the sounds it can produce, which means the end result can sound grainy or clear, depending on the track you are working on and what you want the sample to fit in with.

While the others offer some features over others, I found the control of sound that PadShop Pro offers is really solid, as is it's granular synthesis engine. Of course, the usual maxim applies..as in you've got to get your hands dirty if you want to build something..meaning too many folks buy software and don't exploit it to it's full potential..if you mess around with it you can really get some amazing sounds back out of it. Ciberithm's offer above might be worth checking out, seeing as you are already familiar with PadShop Pro.

On the other hand, a totally free option would be Tapestrea (http://taps.cs.princeton.edu/), which is the result of an on-going project at Princeton, runs on Mac OS X, Linux and / or Windows. Just follow the link I just posted and read about it..or, to see it in action, click here and watch the demo video. One thing to keep in mind is this won't work on a Windows 7 system and installing can often be tricky, but is easy to sort out if you look up the steps on their site to do so. It usually involved downloading a couple of .dll files from their site and making sure they are placed in the right directory on your system.

Trust me, this thing might be a little buggy at times, but what it can do is mind boggling..there are commercial offerings out there that cost a fortune that do the same job! In fact, even if you DO get PadShop Pro, I suggest you get hold of this one, too..and spend a little time getting it up and running and mess around with it a bit..you won't regret it, trust me.

Hope this is of some help.
                            Last edited by Ambient Mechanics; 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo in link

Comment

Originally posted by robojam View Post
                              So are we going to hear flatulent ambient soon? :D
                              :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X