Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganymede's Inertia - ElectroProg (Seismic Convection)

I completed this a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have time to post it until yesterday, with Nordic travels and whatnot.. This is a downtempo piece featuring Phonec and Construct. I like these Psychic Modulation synths. Phonec in particular has given this track a BOC/Vangelis vibe. I even got to play my Strat and the Jazz bass on here too.

Last edited by seismic1; 11-16-2015, 05:25 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Very nice - I left a comment on t'cloud this morning. Thought I heard some gee-tar in there ;)
    My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
    Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Another great track. Greatly enjoyed listening

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
        Very nice - I left a comment on t'cloud this morning. Thought I heard some gee-tar in there ;)
        Thanks very much for listening and comenting, Mike. Glad you liked it.

Guitar:-

ygv54.jpg
        Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
          Another great track. Greatly enjoyed listening
          Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you enjoyed it

Comment

It took me some time to give this a proper listen and I'm glad I remembered, because this is awesome. Afer three or four spins I think you simply nailed that elegiac, wistful tone. Great production throughout & full of little gems, for example the introduction of the brassy synth lead around 1:40. Really don't think you could do much to improve this. Thanks for sharing!
            www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

Returned for another listen this morning…and loved it again! All the parts sound great and fit together so well! I especially like the Lounge Lizard EP. I picked EP4 up on sale summer of 2013 and have been trying to fit it into my ambient stuff. But my work seems to steer way out and the EP hasn't fit well yet…
              Listening to this track again inspires me to try once again. I hope I can fit it into the track I'm working on for AO Vol 3!

Edit: P.S.-Thanks for providing the DL :listening:
              Last edited by windspace; 07-26-2014, 10:21 AM. Reason: Gratitude!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenstorm View Post
                It took me some time to give this a proper listen and I'm glad I remembered, because this is awesome. Afer three or four spins I think you simply nailed that elegiac, wistful tone. Great production throughout & full of little gems, for example the introduction of the brassy synth lead around 1:40. Really don't think you could do much to improve this. Thanks for sharing!
                Hi, phoenstorm. Glad you managed to listen to this, and thanks very much for the great comments. I'm very happy that you liked it

That brassy synth is phonec. It's a little gem, great for many different other-worldly sounds.

I could improve this track by actually learning to play guitar :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
                  Returned for another listen this morning…and loved it again! All the parts sound great and fit together so well! I especially like the Lounge Lizard EP. I picked EP4 up on sale summer of 2013 and have been trying to fit it into my ambient stuff. But my work seems to steer way out and the EP hasn't fit well yet…
                  Listening to this track again inspires me to try once again. I hope I can fit it into the track I'm working on for AO Vol 3!

Edit: P.S.-Thanks for providing the DL :listening:
                  You're welcome

Glad to hear that you're still enjoying this one. Thanks very much for the great comments :tu:

Lounge Lizard is a great plugin with a very extensive range of presets which can be easily tweaked. I've only used it on a couple of tracks, but in each case, I think the trick was pairing it with suitable external FX. In this case I used REFLEX Free, with a clean output from EP combined with an automated mix level on the REFLEX channel. Another sound that I like (at the end of Divide and Conquer) uses one of the phaser-affected presets through an external delay. I imagine both of these setups would be suitable for ambient. I'm currently having a similar problem with my guitars. I know the sound that I'm after, but I currently haven't yet been able to create it.

Comment

Working...
                  X