Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Altar (ElectroProg - Seismic Subterranean Homesick Blues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altar (ElectroProg - Seismic Subterranean Homesick Blues)

"After a seemingly endless descent of a stone spiral staircase into the very bowels of the Earth, the darkness is lifted by an eerie illumination which slowly reveals a dimly lit chamber containing at its centre a large stone table or casket. Advancing further into the dank gloominess, the outline of this object resolves itself into the form of an Altar.........."

Something a little darker this time. Possibly influenced ever so slightly by an event which occurred on June 27th at the Kulttuuritehdas Korjaamo

This was one of those tracks which just arrived out of the blue, or in this case, from the darkness, whilst I was working on something else. Less than 24 hours work from start to finish.

I hope it doesn't keep you awake
    Last edited by seismic1; 11-16-2015, 05:34 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

If you insist on reading H.P.Lovecraft after bedtime I'm going to confiscate your torch :D

Seriously, I like how you can couple up an ominous atmosphere with an infectious beat - is this a variant on whistling in the dark I wonder?

Nice work Tim, left some comments on 't Cloud too
    My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
    Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Love the intro…magnificently ominous! Then…it gets even better

Comment

wonderful stuff Tim :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
          If you insist on reading H.P.Lovecraft after bedtime I'm going to confiscate your torch :D

Seriously, I like how you can couple up an ominous atmosphere with an infectious beat - is this a variant on whistling in the dark I wonder?

Nice work Tim, left some comments on 't Cloud too
          Thanks very much for the great comments, Mike. Glad you liked it

When I was a kid, doing GCEs, it was always "lights out" at 10PM. I usually complied with this directive, but I remember when Ommadawn was released, John Peel was going to play it on his late-night radio show (late for me, anyway). I was rumbled right at the end of side 2, and that was without a torch.

Tryptophan may have been a contributor to this, and possibly Holst/Crimson.

When I wrote this, I was working on an acid/house track (which I should get back to now). I was messing around with Pro-53 and Eos, and the opening sequence appeared. After that, the rest of the track came together serially, with no difficult decisions or headaches involved in putting together the arrangement. I knew that this was going to be upbeat with at least two overlapping kits from the start, although the final section has three.

Whistling in the dark, with a P.A system
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Oooooh now this is refreshing seis. Very well put together my good friend. It has that movie theme feeling to it and the beats fit just right to. I just in the last few moments got in from shopping n stuff, logged onto AO and walla as I type this I am listening :listening:

You have definitely struck gold on this one or that's how my ears n gut feel anyway.
            A very enjoyable listen and nicely arranged to.

Great work m8 :tu:
            life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Originally posted by Windspace View Post
              Love the intro…magnificently ominous! Then…it gets even better
              Thanks very much for checking this out, Windspace. Glad you enjoyed it It's heavier and darker than my normal sounds, but it had to be done

Comment

This is such an epic track. That's what I love about your style...everything is truly a journey. Left this one on and it just kept getting better!

Excellent work. :D

Cheers,
                -S1gns
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by blackivan View Post
                  wonderful stuff Tim :-)
                  Thanks very much for checking this out, Ivan. Glad you liked it

Comment

Originally posted by richy tronik View Post
                    Oooooh now this is refreshing seis. Very well put together my good friend. It has that movie theme feeling to it and the beats fit just right to. I just in the last few moments got in from shopping n stuff, logged onto AO and walla as I type this I am listening :listening:

You have definitely struck gold on this one or that's how my ears n gut feel anyway.
                    A very enjoyable listen and nicely arranged to.

Great work m8 :tu:
                    Hey Richy. Thanks very much for the listen and the great comments. Glad you liked it

It feels good to be making new music again after completing the remix project.

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                      This is such an epic track. That's what I love about your style...everything is truly a journey. Left this one on and it just kept getting better!

Excellent work. :D

Cheers,
                      -S1gns
                      Thanks very much, S1gns. Really glad you enjoyed it

This one seemed to come out of nowhere, so it was a journey for me too, albeit an unexpected one

Comment

Working...
                      X