Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fools Rush In - ElectroProg (Seismic Gridlock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools Rush In - ElectroProg (Seismic Gridlock)

This is a doom-laden, sombre piece of trepidation featuring gridlocked sequencing and an abundance of bass frequencies. Consequently the mix session wasn't exactly a walk in the park. I made a surprising discovery towards the end of the mixing process, which will hopefully result in some further darkness in the not-too-distant future. A few recent acquisitions making a whatsisname debut on here, including B2, Tassman4 and Fracture. Turn out the lights.

This took 6 weeks to put together, but I worked on it in short sessions. It seems to be difficult to find the time these days with the daily whatnot.

"Without the beatz, this could have been ambient, it could have been a contender". Couldn't resist :p

Last edited by seismic1; 11-20-2015, 08:46 PM.
    Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

This is excellent - modern cinematic with the grand piano passages and those great clicky beatz. Left some comments on t' cloud also.

(PS: Tassman4 eh? I've been tempted by that one a few times myself...I always fear I'll end up never getting the full benefit of an instrument that demands you not only RTFM, but UTFM too. (U=Understand :D) I've got Jasuto Modular on my tablet and it sounds wonderful but I swear I cannot get my head around it despite having read the manual from cover to cover - must be an age thing :( )
    My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
    Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
      This is excellent - modern cinematic with the grand piano passages and those great clicky beatz. Left some comments on t' cloud also.

(PS: Tassman4 eh? I've been tempted by that one a few times myself...I always fear I'll end up never getting the full benefit of an instrument that demands you not only RTFM, but UTFM too. (U=Understand :D) I've got Jasuto Modular on my tablet and it sounds wonderful but I swear I cannot get my head around it despite having read the manual from cover to cover - must be an age thing :( )
      Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Mike. Glad you enjoyed it

There was a fair amount of sound mangling on here, some of it subtle and some more obvious. The processing on the beats at the end was done with Fracture, and I got to use Convoluter on the ST2Free piano.

Tassman is a very powerful synth, but I haven't done much programming with it yet. I like the layout of the UI, and the presets are great starting points for a little experimentation. Having B2 helps too. I recently bought Bazille, so I'm probably sorted on the modular front.

There is a part 2 of this currently under construction. I've stripped away the piano, beats and rhythmic synths, leaving a bed of evil-sounding pads to build upon. Let's see what happens.
      Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Working...
      X