S1gns Of L1fe - New Fractal Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1gns Of L1fe - New Fractal Art

Inspired by seeing what Julian Ray can do with JWildfire, I've picked up the software yet again determined this time to learn it and move from tweaking random flames to making pieces "new from scratch."

Thank you to Julian, Subdream, and everyone else who has inspired me along the way. If you're interested, as Julian mentioned, there is an extremely supportive JWildfire group on facebook where I've recently made some new friends and found there is a deep connection between the community of fractal makers and ambient music.

Below are my first two pieces. Enjoy!

-S1gns

Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Pretty addictive, isn't it?!?! :D

Nice work BTW!

Comment

Good work Chris, love the ambiance of your fractals
      And that's true about the connection between communities of fractal (visual ambient) and ambient music creators.
      Julian Ray Music & Sound / Facebook / Bandcamp

Comment

Cool, more fractal heads. We should make some of those the artwork for AO's next releases.
        https://thegreatschizm.bandcamp.com

Comment

Let me add something to the topic of fractals and music ;)
          SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
          Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
          "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

wow.......
            An Ambient artist & Sound designer 'WeatherM' from South Korea.
            My English is not good, please understand :p
            Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/toogoodweather
            Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/officialWeatherM

Comment

I like the second a lot, though the first is really cool, too, with all the bokeh or whatever it's called on the yellow.
              Meh.

Comment

I've started experimenting with motion fractals and have come up with some experiments. My ultimate goal is not only to create artwork for the Ascendant albums, but be able to string together enough video for a backdrop for live performances.

I'll have something good enough to show you guys soon...the problem is not coming up with the videos themselves, it's RENDERING them. Oh man...yesterday I rendered a 500 frame video (roughly 18-20 seconds) at 640x480 and LOW quality and it took over 5 hours! To render out halfway decent quality at HD will take DAYS. :eek:

Cheers and thanks for the positive feedback guys!
                Synphaera Records
                Space | Time | Matter

Comment

It takes some time, right...
                  Even not too complex interpolations might need a long time to render, like this one - took me a few hours to make 800x800 footage.
                  http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...My-Fractal-Art

Cheers
                  Julian Ray Music & Sound / Facebook / Bandcamp

Comment

Really great fractals you did there!

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                    I've started experimenting with motion fractals and have come up with some experiments. My ultimate goal is not only to create artwork for the Ascendant albums, but be able to string together enough video for a backdrop for live performances.
                    This is pretty much how "Raum/Zeit" came to be. Saw those awesome 3d fractals made using Mandelbulb3D and Mandelbulber and thought "This should be easy enough to create some nice visualisations for my music". Only halfway through I realized what I got myself into... =)

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                    To render out halfway decent quality at HD will take DAYS. :eek:
                    Better start calculating at least in weeks for animations in 1080p for a whole track. Of course it highly depends on how much calculation power you throw at it.

All 3 animations I have made until now took roughly 4 months from start to finish. At times 3 quad-cores were rendering happily away. But these animations are quite diverse, with a lot of different scenes and post-production. If you aim for something just to accompany the music, you can most probably get away with a less complex approach, which does not take that much time.

If you like I can tell you a bit about my experiences creating these animations. I would even offer to collaborate, but I don't know exactly how my free time in the next weeks/months will develop, as there are some big changes to our life are coming up. ;-)
                    Soundcloud

Comment

These look great!, not stumbled across jwildfire until now, and it runs on my Mac!
                      been meaning to delve into flames, got stuck in bulbs for a while, )
                      thanks for the heads up!

for a long video I guess a render farm is the only realistic option?
                      cheers
                      J
                      https://soundcloud.com/id_23

Comment

These look great, really impressive.
                        I don't know who I am, but I'm still alive.

Comment

Those are awesome, Chris! I love making fractals myself

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm super impressed with the software I'm using to create these fractals. I'll have to post my latest stuff, as they're getting much better.

Cheers!
                            Synphaera Records
                            Space | Time | Matter

Comment

When you tweak random flames you make masterpieces m8
                              Last edited by meta4; 07-03-2015, 12:50 PM.
                              life believe is not a dream so dark as sages say

https://soundcloud.com/meta4-803929896

Comment

Working...
                              X