dA muro abstract stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dA muro abstract stuff...

I discovered "dA muro" this morning which is a digital art package found on the DeviantArt website.

I'll tell you now, I am by no mean and artist. At school all I ever did in art class that was "any good" was abstract stuff. Still life, portraits, landscapes, all that traditional stuff that I should have "got gud" at was totally out of my ability and eventually I gave up at sketching and stuff. I liked pottery but, again, I tended towards the abstract rather than creating something that was recognisable.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my first attempt at doing some abstract stuff in dA muro. As I was sat at my old laptop I had to use a mouse to through paint around and smudge it. But next time I'm going to try it on my Surface which has a touch screen.

Last edited by synkrotron; 11-17-2018, 02:53 AM.
    I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

promising start - is it quick to pick up or is there a lot of learning? - i quite like things that let you play w/o getting too bogged down in technicalities.
    https://soundcloud.com/quietist

Comment

Originally posted by The Quietist View Post
      promising start - is it quick to pick up or is there a lot of learning? - i quite like things that let you play w/o getting too bogged down in technicalities.
      Dead easy... Click on the submit button and select "Draw with dA muro" and it opens the application.

That said, it uses layers and stuff so I guess it could get quite technical. I just spent an hour faffing and came up with that thing. Not something I'd pin on my wall haha!
      I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

My drawing skills are horrid but managed to draw a tree, playing with some of the different brushes and using bubbles for leaves. I decided it looked better turned negative, an option in the presets tab. The final result - https://www.deviantart.com/ambiresei...en-i-773884431

negative_tree_by_ambireseiche-dcsr11r.png

I had picked up some other drawing software called Black Ink not long ago, there's a demo version on Steam and it had me sufficiently impressed plus it was on sale so I'd been playing around with that some. This dA muro is definitely a lot easier/quicker to pick up though, especially on tablet imo. Thinking I'll do a series of these trees at least on da just to see what's come up with.
        Last edited by Ambire Seiche; 11-24-2018, 12:54 AM.
        | Ambire Seiche - @ heart this | @ Sonic Squirrel |
        | @da

Comment

Working...
        X