Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ambient online podcast: Call For Submissions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ambient online podcast: Call For Submissions!

Greetings AO Members!

We are starting ambient online podcast and need your submissions! What is ambient online podcast? Read on.

Ambient online is quickly becoming one of the best places for ambient producers and music producers of all kinds to share their thoughts, ideas, musical creations, and news with other producers. With all this talent amongst our ranks, it's only fitting that we created a platform for members to be heard outside of our members forum. Ambient online podcast is that platform: a musically diverse and sonically enriching presentation of the music we create for ambient online members and potential new fans. This is YOUR podcast. Created by you and your opportunity to share your music with the rest of the world.

First of all, you DO NOT have to be an established artist to submit your music to the ambient online podcast!!! Even if you don't think your music is good, or even commercial enough, we don't care. We want you to have the opportunity to be juxtaposed next to other members who are probably in the same boat. Ambient Online is all about sharing and encouraging each other and this podcast is no different. If you have something you'd like other people to hear, please consider submission.

Secondly, this is NOT an ambient-only podcast! Sure, our name is ambient online and we generally focus on ambient music, but we don't want to limit you. It should generally fit the overall catalog of other artists work on here, but it's definitely not ambient exclusive. Got a dark ambient piece that's just waiting for the world to hear it? Send it in! Got an industrial track that hits deep down? Bring it on. This is your podcast...just stay classy.

We are going to do our best to make submissions as easy as possible. If you have any questions regarding the submission process or want to have them previewed to listen to before they go on the podcast, please don't hesitate to contact me (S1gnsOfL1fe) and we chat about it! :D

***SUBMISSION GUIDELINES and INSTRUCTIONS***

Tracks should be no longer than 10 minutes in length. Each podcast will be approximately an hour long so we want to give others a fair opportunity too.

Please be sure to include the artist name and song title in the title of the track when submitting. I can only imagine things might get confusing if only track names are given with no artist credit.

While we want the podcast to have the best sound we possibly can, please don't submit any track over 200mb. .aiff, .flac and .wav files will be fine as long as they're under the limit. 16 bit files are fine too...it doesn't need to be 24 bit or 32 as it's going on SoundCloud anyway and will get compressed in the process.

Speaking of SoundCloud, please don't submit anything you don't want the rest of the world to hear!!! We are opening this podcast to AO Members ONLY at the present time but don't want to have copyright issues if you don't want others to hear it. One of the goals of this podcast is to get the word out about ambient online and gain engaging new members.

Finally, this won't be a "music only" podcast as I'll be speaking 2 or 3 times per episode to give the listeners the track and artist names to give them some context. There will also be an opportunity for announcements if you have any ambient news or something you think our audience should know about. This could be an upcoming album release, soundbank/software release (for our AO developers!), or anything of musical importance. If you have anything like that, private message me (S1gns) and we'll discuss it.

***SUBMISSION***

To submit your tracks to the ambient online podcast, you've got a bunch of different options.

1.) Post a downloadable link to your track (or upload it) in the submissions forum (under AO Podcasts). This is a totally confidential forum as only moderators will be able to see the threads posted here. If your track is downloadable on SoundCloud, post that. Make sure the artists name and track name are clearly visible somewhere.

2.) Dropbox. I've set up a folder on my own dropbox for submissions. However, you need to private message me (S1gnsOfL1fe) your email address and I can add you to this folder. For those of you who use dropbox and are going to contribute regularly, this is probably your best option. Again, message me and I will add you to the folder. You can start submitting right away!

3.) SoundCloud private tracks. If you're on SoundCloud and want to share a "private" track with me (make sure it's downloadable!) we can do that too. This is also an easy way of doing it if dropbox isn't your thing. Simply upload your track to SoundCloud as a private track and share it with me. I'll then be able to download it and add it to our track list.

Again, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message me and ask. We are hoping to make this a bi-weekly podcast (every 2 weeks) so get those submissions in!!!

Thanks for reading and being a part of this amazing community.

Cheers!!!

-S1gns
    Attached Files
    Last edited by S1gnsOfL1fe; 07-16-2013, 11:56 AM. Reason: doubled the mb limit ;)
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Hey this is a really good idea! Im totally down.

I'll see if i can't finish a few tracks for this.

Do you have any idea when you plan on doing your first podcast?
    -=| (Youtube)|(Bandcamp)|(Ambient Online Forums)|=-

Comment

Originally posted by V0RT3X View Post
      Hey this is a really good idea! Im totally down.

I'll see if i can't finish a few tracks for this.

Do you have any idea when you plan on doing your first podcast?
      It's actually coming together faster than I expected. I'll probably start compiling it all early next week! The podcast will be every 2 weeks so there will be plenty of chances to get on though!!! But it's podcast #1...the original! Who wouldn't want to be on that?

Cheers V0RT3X!!!
      -S1gns
      Synphaera Records
      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

I've updated the submissions guidelines...I've got a way to process .flac files so it takes an extra step to get them into the podcast, but they've got lots of fans it seems to .flac is now on the list of accepted file types! :biggrin:

Get those submissions in!!! Thank you to all who have already submitted for Podcast #1.

Cheers!
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

And it's coming... :D I definitely want to be a part of this. It felt like a great idea the first I heard it! Really awesome, folks!Will try to finish one of the tracks I'm working on, in time for #1. Can't wait!

edit: as for news, Brian Eno will perform at the Red Bull Music Academy Event in May in NY (http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/m...s-announcement), along with Oneohtrix Point Never, Four Tet, and many others. Also there area some excellent lectures at their website as well.
          Last edited by mariosprt; 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM.
          https://soundcloud.com/mariosprt74

Comment

I have a WIP which I don't expect to continue with for a few months yet. The part I currently have is planned to be the intro to a longer track. I'll tidy it up and submit it later.
            Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Uploading a track to Dropbox now.
              Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 02-01-2015, 08:45 PM.
              https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
              https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
              https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
              https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Can I duel submit the track I've uploaded for the forum collaboration album?
                Last edited by Beneath A Tree That Died; 02-02-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

What if you just popped over to my bandcamp and/or SC and just chose some tracks from time to time to throw on. All of my music is free and I have a good bit of it, varying in feels etc.. Idk. I guess if I really had to I could choose some tracks that would suffice.

Is this gonna be something that happens like, weekly or monthly or is it just some kind of one time thing?
                  https://soundcloud.com/black-soundwaves
                  http://darkenedpines.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Not trying to speak for S1gns here, and hopefully if I get this wrong he can correct me:

Originally posted by Beneath A Tree That Died View Post
                    Not completely sure on this, but I do know that for the Compilation AO is looking for unreleased tracks, unavailable elsewhere. It'd probably be best if you tried to submit something from a previous or upcoming release you have to highlight your work.

Originally posted by DarkenedPines View Post
                    What if you just popped over to my bandcamp and/or SC and just chose some tracks from time to time to throw on. All of my music is free and I have a good bit of it, varying in feels etc.. Idk. I guess if I really had to I could choose some tracks that would suffice.

Is this gonna be something that happens like, weekly or monthly or is it just some kind of one time thing?
                    It would probably save S1gns time if you would pick out the tracks instead of him needing to select.

In the OP he says " If you have any questions regarding the submission process or want to have them previewed to listen to before they go on the podcast, please don't hesitate to contact me (S1gnsOfL1fe) and we chat about it!"

The AO Podcast runs on average about bi-weekly, but there isn't any concrete schedule. It is subject to when S1gns has the time to get an interview, compile the tracks, and record the show. This will be Podcast #39, if my memory serves.

Comment

Originally posted by Beneath A Tree That Died View Post
                      I'd be happy to play the track on the podcast AFTER we've released the album. And since you asked, consider it done!
                      Synphaera Records
                      Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by DarkenedPines View Post

I've got a bunch of guests lined up and I try to do the show bi-weekly (every other week). It's been a good run so far, 38 episodes in. Listen to some of the back catalog (through the forum or on my SoundCloud page) and you'll get a vibe for the show.

I will head over to your bandcamp today and let you know which ones I feel would be a good fit for the program. Thanks for the interest!

Cheers,
                        -S1gns

p.s. and thanks to aoVI for clearing all this up before I arrived. Cheers bud.
                        Synphaera Records
                        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Got one cooking specifically for trhe podcast. Just having an argument with Padshop, trying to install the Droneland soundbank.. argh folder follies.

I'll PM you when the darn thing is done...
                          Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
                          Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
                          Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

Is it only music you're looking for for the podcast or can we submit soundscapes and some experimental reworking of sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Audiodays View Post
                              Is it only music you're looking for for the podcast or can we submit soundscapes and some experimental reworking of sounds?
                              Good question. If I were you, I'd have a listen to some of the previous episodes to hear what I've played on the show. That'll give you a good idea of what the audience is looking to hear and what the program is all about. If you feel like your soundscapes are a good fit, let me know and we can set up a submission.

Cheers,
                              -S1gns
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                              X