Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOF NIARB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOF NIARB

    I made this Dark Ambient / Drone / Noise song out of recordings of boiling water cookers and drills



    Bandcamp download codes for this release are available here!

  • #2
    A very interesting piece, lovely and dark, just the way I like my ambient.
    Great use of samples and found sound.

    Good stuff
    James.
    Please feel free to check out my music - thank you
    https://olivary.bandcamp.com/music

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dutch Oven View Post
      A very interesting piece, lovely and dark, just the way I like my ambient.
      Great use of samples and found sound.

      Good stuff
      James.
      Thank you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, pressure cookers and drills can sometimes cause brain fog!

        Interesting experimental piece! The sounds are definitely ‘dark’. Nicely done!

        Speaking of ‘fog’, one of the sounds definitely puts me in mind of a light house fog horn. Would you be interested in sharing what software tools you used to create this?
        Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 07-11-2021, 12:15 PM.
        https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
        https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
        https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
        https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sonic Bodhi View Post
          Yes, pressure cookers and drills can sometimes cause brain fog!

          Interesting experimental piece! The sounds are definitely ‘dark’. Nicely done!

          Speaking of ‘fog’, one of the sounds definitely puts me in mind of a light house fog horn. Would you be interested in sharing what software tools you used to create this?
          Thank you! The sounds were recorded using a Zoom H5, I used Adobe Audition to filter out the noise and also make a C major Triad tone out of the water cooker.

          I then imported it into Logic Pro X where I reversed the water cooker recordings and added lots of reverb. It's also side-chained to the drill recording, which has a very wet reverb
          As for the noise bits, I put the drill recordings into the ESX24 sampler and made a "synth" out of them with a lot of delay and a Chord Trigger.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TwentyFivePastNine View Post

            Thank you! The sounds were recorded using a Zoom H5, I used Adobe Audition to filter out the noise and also make a C major Triad tone out of the water cooker.

            I then imported it into Logic Pro X where I reversed the water cooker recordings and added lots of reverb. It's also side-chained to the drill recording, which has a very wet reverb
            As for the noise bits, I put the drill recordings into the ESX24 sampler and made a "synth" out of them with a lot of delay and a Chord Trigger.
            So you have a hardware sampler? I have a Roland SP404-SX Linear Wave Sampler that comes in pretty handy- samples can be reversed, and effects applied in real time, as well as in recording them into the sampler. The length of the samples also are limited only by the amount of space on an SD card. I cannot, however, assign the samples to a midi keyboard, unless I export them and do it in FL Studio sampler or the Qasar Beach Fairlight CMI emulation.
            https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
            https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
            https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
            https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

            Comment

            Working...
            X