Ambient Guitar Soundscape with Slide guitar shot in one take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambient Guitar Soundscape with Slide guitar shot in one take

This was recorded live in one take using the looping/Sound on Sound of the DD20 and El Capistan.
    I had tuned the guitar to Open C# tuning.
    First, I looped an Ambient chord progression while in the SOS mode of the DD20 0:01
    Next, I layered some ambient slide guitar overdubbing the previous loop. 01:13
    Then, I overdubbed some swells. 02:23
    Then, I overdubbed some harmonics. 04:16
    Next, I used the Sound on Sound mode of the El Capistan and recorded some drone notes. 05:50
    I played around with the Time knob of the El Capistan and faded out the loop on the DD20. 07:26
    I brought the volume of the loop of the DD20 back up again and adjusted the volume/time of the El Capistan and then faded everything out. 08:50
    Equipment used:
    MIM Fender Strat
    Ernie Ball MVP
    Strymon El Capistan
    Boss DD20
    Hardwire RV7 Reverb
    Vox AC15C1
    Line 6 Spider II 112
    Scarlett 2i2
    SM57
    Ableton Live Lite

There is so much exploration going on in this video. My favorite part is at the end when you just get down on your knees and ride the whole thing out...brilliant!

Question: How did you know how long to make the initial fixed loop for of the run through of the 4 chords? I noticed you hit the pedal to start recording the loop but never hit it again to stop it.

Again, brilliant work and great video. I can only imagine where things will go from here!

Cheers,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
      There is so much exploration going on in this video. My favorite part is at the end when you just get down on your knees and ride the whole thing out...brilliant!

Question: How did you know how long to make the initial fixed loop for of the run through of the 4 chords? I noticed you hit the pedal to start recording the loop but never hit it again to stop it.

Again, brilliant work and great video. I can only imagine where things will go from here!

Cheers,
      -S1gns
      Thanks!
      To answer your question, I was about to tap to end the initial loop but the DD20 had reached its maximum loop time so it ended the loop automatically. I am really considering picking up something like the Boomerang III looper because you can do so much with it but they are so expensive so I'm doing what I can with the equipment I have now.

Comment

Working...
      X