Padshop Pro Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padshop Pro Tutorials

A few weeks ago, I finally did a first basic tutorial for Steinberg's Padshop Pro, creating a patch from scratch using a simple psaltery pluck sample from my library Granular Guitars, the video is 20+ minutes long:

More to come.

Homepage

This is fantastic.

I've been waiting for somebody to do something like this. I love Padshop Pro and still use it all the time. I can't believe (yes, I can) Steinberg has basically left this amazing piece of software to pasture. Our beloved granulars seem to be falling by the wayside... nonono:

Anyway, wonderful tutorial. Thank you Simon!

Cheers,
    -S1gns
    Synphaera Records
    Space | Time | Matter

Comment

would be interesting to know Padshop Pro compared to Absynth
      ahornberg.bandcamp.com
      soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
        This is fantastic.

I've been waiting for somebody to do something like this. I love Padshop Pro and still use it all the time. I can't believe (yes, I can) Steinberg has basically left this amazing piece of software to pasture. Our beloved granulars seem to be falling by the wayside... nonono:

Anyway, wonderful tutorial. Thank you Simon!

Cheers,
        -S1gns
        Thank's Chris, Steinberg will not drop PSP for a long time to come, I mean they commissioned two large libraries (Granulr Symphonies/Granular Guitars) which I produced for them exclusively and apparently these libs are doing very well and PSP is getting more and more popular around the globe - so, no worries.

Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Ahornberg View Post
          would be interesting to know Padshop Pro compared to Absynth
          The granular engine in Absynth is over a decade old and hasn't been overhauled ever, that comparison would not even be apples and oranges so I won't start comparing. But Absynth is much more than a granulator, PSP is only a granulator and certainly one of the most capable and best sounding around, HALion 5 is it's bigger brother with even more features in the granular department.

Homepage

Comment

Just discovered this tutorial - thanks a ton! I've been using PSP more and more in my works, and it's about time to really dig in! :thumbsup:
            Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
            Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
            Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

I even give Padshop Pro a try ... the first I found out: no way out of the 12 equal temperament :cantlook: need to do the pitch-bend-trick here :uh:

but it really sounds smooth :listening:
              ahornberg.bandcamp.com
              soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

Working...
              X