Gear 300x100
Music Software Bundles from Pluginboutique.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey there! I'm SHADOWMASTΞR from Newfoundland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there! I'm SHADOWMASTΞR from Newfoundland!

Hello all, I'm Shadowmaster, and I am a Canadian music weirdo that likes to talk to people on the internet. I'd like to thank sevenism for referring me here!

How did I discover ambient music?

I had a mild experience with
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor when I was in grade 9, and it totally changed my ideas about music.

I truely discovered ambient music when I started university. I started hosting college radio shows on electronic music and as I looked for content, I stumbled upon many of the artists that were my gateway into ambient. Artists like Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, DJ Shadow, and Brian Eno. I has been an avid electronic music listener since my early teens, and when I first heard GY!BE in grade nine, years before university, it changed my perception of music. These days I take additional inspiration from Experimental Products, Gray, Com Truise, and the hordes of vaporwave/synthwave/vaportrap I hear online from time to time.

Have I found my sound?

Hard question. I used to want to be Boards of Canada. I guess that's not too uncommon. In a sense there's a lot about their atmospheres I absorbed, much like Brian Eno's work. Since the emergence of vaporwave and most modern rap music, and my growing interest in dark ambient and sound art, I have less and less of an ability to stick to one "sound". Some songs are just nice sounding little electronic tunes that feel good, other times it's a six minute drone piece littered with samples of vivid sounds. It's all fun, and just as rewarding.

My gear:

• Korg Minilogue
    • Microkorg
    • Ableton Push (Ableton Live 9 Suite)
    • Volca Bass
    • Volca Beats
    • AKAI MPX16
    • Casio CTK-450
    • Yamaha DD-35
    • ​Numark Mixdeck
    • BOSS ME-25 FX Pedal
    • ART USB Mix

My most valued tools?

Every since I finally got my minilogue in late July, it's been my favorite machine. I often sync my volcas to the minilogue and play forever. I used to just throw my recodings together in ableton or garageband until I bought Ableton! Using an actual DAW really changed a lot for me!

What do I do besides music?

I studied computer programming in college, and graduated in June. These days, I am a computer technician. I try to spend all my time off with friends and family, and any alone time I get tends to go towards music or other creative projects. I love filming! I am definitely a novice at both filming and editing, but it's really fun to learn new things.
    Last edited by SHADOWMASTΞR; 10-27-2016, 05:05 PM. Reason: didn't mean to post so fast!
    shadowmaster © 88

https://goo.gl/yBR1FU

A clear and well-laid-out introduction.

Glad you found your way here!

Comment

Hello SHADOWMASTΞR :D

A most excellent introduction

Welcome to the AO forum.

I look forward to listening to your music.

In the meantime I am currently enjoying listening to your collaboration with sevenism called seamist.

cheers

andy
      >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Hi, nice to have you here.

Just listened to most of your Minimums & Maximums LP, good stuff. I think the variety of styles appeals to my short attention span, a bit like Enos 'Music for Films'.
        Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
          Hello SHADOWMASTΞR :D

A most excellent introduction

Welcome to the AO forum.

I look forward to listening to your music.

In the meantime I am currently enjoying listening to your collaboration with sevenism called seamist.

cheers

andy
          Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad you're enjoying "seamist"! Me and sevenism are putting finishing touches now on an album called "eightyseven"! I hope you enjoy it

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
          Hi, nice to have you here.

Just listened to most of your Minimums & Maximums LP, good stuff. I think the variety of styles appeals to my short attention span, a bit like Enos 'Music for Films'.
          Glad you liked Minimums & Maximums! I intend on doing more volumes in the future! As I've already said, be sure to check out "eightyseven" by me and sevenism when it's released! We've been having a lot of fun with the project.

I am currently working on a chillout project, sort of a sequel to my first album, "Living In A Post-Nuclear World". Feel free to check out the teasers I've released so far here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowmaster-...hnique-teasers
          shadowmaster © 88

https://goo.gl/yBR1FU

Comment

Welcome SHADOWMASTER, Ambient Online awaits you! (Sorry, couldn't resist, that sentence just rings, huh! saying things like that reminds me of Ghostbusters. again, sorry...maybe too much coffee...)

I look forward to listening to your music. I have a Minilogue too, and it's now my favorite hardware tool. I often pair it with a Korg SDD-3000 delay. And it is finding it's way into more of my tracks.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X