Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patchpool releases Spectral Excursions for LinPlug's Spectral synth

I just released my first soundset for LinPlug's Spectral:

This soundset contains 101 patches for LinPlug's Spectral reaching from complex experimental textures to evolving pads and dark drones to playful and edgy sequences, tinkling bells and chimes to rich harmonic textures, expressive leads and exceptional alien and futuristic sound effects.

All waveforms and filter shapes in this soundset are programmed from scratch, exploring new and exciting sonic territories. The Modwheel is assigned for most of the patches, many also use Aftertouch.

You can view/download the PDF for this soundset with more details, the licence agreement and the patchlist, including playing tips and descriptions for each patch here.

Sound Categories:

• Pads / Drones - 20
    • Soundscapes / Musical FX - 21
    • Bells / Mallets / Chimes - 8
    • Leads - 5
    • Arps / Sequencer - 17
    • Sound FX / SciFi / Alien - 17
    • Keys / Synths / Basses - 10
    • Plucks - 3

Delivery: Email
    Price: € 25 EUR

Product page

----

All demos below were produced entirely with Spectral using only patches from Spectral Excursions, no post-processing was applied apart from a limiter on the outputs and some volume automation, if several instances of Spectral were used in a track. If a demo does use 3rd party FX, it will be mentioned in the track title.

----

Some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRtrMb-af-0

----

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
    Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 01-04-2014, 08:10 PM.

Homepage

Video with a patch runthrough, letters F - H:

Homepage

Comment

I - L

Video runthrough with the patches I - L:

Homepage

Comment

M- O

Patch Runthrough Letters M - O:

Homepage

Comment

Spectral is a beautiful instrument, IMO the best thing LinPlug have done since Cronox3. But it's a steep learning curve to really get the best out of it so at the moment I'm relying on the factory presets (some of which are excellent, but you can never have too many patches ;) ).

Your patches not only sound great, but you also add value to the package with your playing tips/comments. This pack is already at the top of next month's shopping list :D
          My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
          Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
            Spectral is a beautiful instrument, IMO the best thing LinPlug have done since Cronox3. But it's a steep learning curve to really get the best out of it so at the moment I'm relying on the factory presets (some of which are excellent, but you can never have too many patches ;) ).

Your patches not only sound great, but you also add value to the package with your playing tips/comments. This pack is already at the top of next month's shopping list :D
            Thank you for the flowers! The patch-documentation can help a bit to understand how to animate and personalize these sounds. I also think that Spectral has been one of the outstanding releases in 2013, it has a unique, pristine sound and the way one can create filter shapes and draw/edit harmonics to create customized waveforms is very intuitive. I'm hoping for a second Modmatrix page though, often I find 15 entries int eh Modmatrix not to be suffice, especially when using 3 or 4 oscillators simultaneously in one patch.

Homepage

Comment

More modmatrix slots can only be a good thing - I was a little surprised to find the matrix was only the one page. I'll put in a request/suggestion if there isn't one already

EDIT: well, I will when KVR's 'Company Forums' thread is unlocked :/
              Last edited by Thought Experiment; 01-06-2014, 06:35 AM.
              My new album is available now, here: https://thoughtexperiment.bandcamp.c.../supersymmetry
              Check out my (hopelessly out-of-date) SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/thought_experiment

Comment

Originally posted by Thought Experiment View Post
                More modmatrix slots can only be a good thing - I was a little surprised to find the matrix was only the one page. I'll put in a request/suggestion if there isn't one already

EDIT: well, I will when KVR's 'Company Forums' thread is unlocked :/
                Hopefully sometime tomorrow.
                Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Patch Runthrough Letters P - S

Homepage

Comment

Here comes the last video in the series of patch runthrough vids, all patches starting with the letters T - W:

Homepage

Comment

Working...
                    X