Clear All
  • Sampleconstruct
    Pure Thought
    Pure Thought
    • Nov 2012

Coming soon on patchpool: sound library MetaVox for Alchemy - pre-order now

Hi folks,

I am now finishing this new library for Alchemy:

MetaVox for Alchemy focusses on the exceptional overtone singing of Gareth Lubbe, a true master of his craft who recently became the first professor for overtone singing in Germany. As Gareth is actually a professional orchestral viola player this library also contains several patches with viola sounds, the viola being a string instrument with a great resemblance to the human voice. During the recording session we also recorded duets of Gareth singing and playing the viola at the same time, these sample will make for some more beautiful and wondrous Alchemy sounds.

There will also be several patches with female vocals using samples which were recorded during a recent session with Frauke Albert, a renown german vocalist (soprano), working mainly in the field of contemprary music.

As an additional string instrument I will also use some recently recorded violin samples, another instrument which has a very voice-like character and blends beautifully with the vocals sounds in this library.

Besides using the original vocal and string samples (and resynthed derivatives thereof) for making the Alchemy patches, I am fascinated in the microcosmic interior of harmonics, so I am producing quite a few electronic derivatives of the samples, created by e.g. detaching the harmonics from the root note, then deleting the root note only leaving the harmonics which are then furtherly processed, timestretched, spectralized, tuned to a tempered scale and more.

MetaVox Specs:
    • *Approximately 1.8 Gigabyte of original samples (wav) and resynthed files (.aaz)
      *50 - 60 patches with 8 variations each in Alchemy's Remix Pad, all Peformance Controllers and both x/y-pads assigned for each patch.
      *ETA (release): around Septembre 9 - 2013
      *Delivery: Download

Product page

Please note: This sound library requires the full version of Alchemy.
    It does not work with the Alchemy player version.

Price on release (paypal): € 35 Euro, pre-order MetaVox for € 28 now
    and save 20%.

All demos were produced entirely with Alchemy using only patches from MetaVox, no post-processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Outputs and some volume automation if several instances of Alchemy were used in a track. If a demo does use 3rd party reverb, it will be mentioned in the track title.

Thank's for reading

Simon :hail:
    Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 08-02-2013, 10:24 AM.

Homepage
  • Sampleconstruct
    Pure Thought
    Pure Thought
    • Nov 2012

4 fresh patches from MetaVox combined in one track:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/morning-excursion-alchemy-demo

Homepage

Comment

• Ambient Mechanics
      Sentient Plasma
      Astral Traveler
      • May 2013

Thanks, Simon, for letting us know about these..much appreciated.

As always, exceptional work..kudos my friend. :thumbsup:

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
        Pure Thought
        Pure Thought
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics
        Thanks, Simon, for letting us know about these..much appreciated.

As always, exceptional work..kudos my friend. :thumbsup:
        Thank you for stopping by

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
          Pure Thought
          Pure Thought
          • Nov 2012

Here is a demo combining 3 Alchemy patches, all using samples with viola flagolets and overtone singing performed simultaneously. Each orginal sample has 2 electronic derivatives, so there are three sources per patch which you can xfade, each source running in split mode to create pairs across the keyboard. Quite cinematic and beautiful really...

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/violavox-three-flago-trios

Homepage

Comment

• S1gnsOfL1fe
            AO Owner/Operator
            • Nov 2012

Sounding REALLY good. I'm also interested in how you're creating these "electronic derivatives" as you call them...

Originally posted by Sampleconstruct
            Besides using the original vocal and string samples (and resynthed derivatives thereof) for making the Alchemy patches, I am fascinated in the microcosmic interior of harmonics, so I am producing quite a few electronic derivatives of the samples, created by e.g. detaching the harmonics from the root note, then deleting the root note only leaving the harmonics which are then furtherly processed, timestretched, spectralized, tuned to a tempered scale and more.
            Curious as to what tool you would use to do such a thing. A visual waveform editor of some kind?

That last demo you just posted was amazing.

Cheers,
            -S1gns
            S1gns Of L1fe
            Patreon | Synphaera | exosphere | YouTube

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
              Pure Thought
              Pure Thought
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe
              Sounding REALLY good. I'm also interested in how you're creating these "electronic derivatives" as you call them...

Originally posted by Sampleconstruct
              Curious as to what tool you would use to do such a thing. A visual waveform editor of some kind?

That last demo you just posted was amazing.

Cheers,
              -S1gns
              Thank's, Chris - there isn't really a short answer to that question, it changes with each sample I process. In the case of the patches used in the last demo there were several steps involved:
              1.) Derivative 1 (x6 as there were 6 different originals samples) Importing the original (slightly melodyned) sample of Gareth playing viola and singing simultaneously into Metasynth - the Spectral Synth for timestretching, time- and pitch blurring, sometimes rearranging the slices to new combinations of the spectral transitions etc. - after rendering that, back into Logic to process that raw Metasynth samples furtherly with various EQs/filters and spatial processors, granulators and other stuff (B2, ÜberMod, GRM Evolution, crusherX, Endless series etc...)
              2.) Derivative 2: Importing the rendered sample from the Metasynth Spectral Synth into the Metasynth Image Filter and filtering it with various images I either painted myself or pics I collected over the years. Sharpening the attacks of the coloured pixels to create more punctual stochastic textures, sometimes also using custom tuning scales for the filter data. Then re-importing those samples back into Logic for dynamic compression and filtering to smoothen the peaks.

Quite convoluted but after 12 hours 18 samples were created and 3 patches programmed so I could finally make some music with them
              Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 08-03-2013, 03:55 AM.

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                Pure Thought
                Pure Thought
                • Nov 2012

A new demo combining today's results:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/jetstream-cinema-demo-alchemy

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                  Pure Thought
                  Pure Thought
                  • Nov 2012

Two new patches from MetaVox in this demo here:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/epic-strangeness-alchemy-demo

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                    Pure Thought
                    Pure Thought
                    • Nov 2012

Demo for Alchemy patch "Voxpad Trans Harm 3Vel Split" - 2 instances of Alchemy were used in this track, the sequencer sound is produced by Snapshot 6 from this patch, the main sound morphs through some other Snaphsots.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/voxpad-trans-3vel-split

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                      Pure Thought
                      Pure Thought
                      • Nov 2012

Female Morse Vox:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/female-morse-vox-alchemy-demo

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                        Pure Thought
                        Pure Thought
                        • Nov 2012

Here is a fresh demo with 3 Alchemy patches, tuva throat singing (4 drones in one patch, split mode, xfade with x/y-pad 1) mixed with 2 huge violin patches:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/tuva-and-violin-scape-alchemy

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                          Pure Thought
                          Pure Thought
                          • Nov 2012

A fresh demo with 4 fresh patches from MetaVox - dedicated to my cat Sammy who seems to be at the end of his seventh and last life now:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/one-more-life-alchemy-demo

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                            Pure Thought
                            Pure Thought
                            • Nov 2012

Demo for the patch "Gibberish Quartet" - mixing two long gibberish samples (performed by Frauke Aulbert) in granular mode with 2 resynthed derivatives, improvising and morphing through the Snaps in real time in the demo, some additional Pitchwheel action. Some of the Snapshots are tonal-vocoder-like for creating rich evolving pad-like sounds. You can also scroll through the samples using the Modwheel. Alchemy's resynth algo (additive) works really, really well on vocal samples (repeating myself here).

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/gibberish-quartet-alchemy-demo

Homepage

Comment

• Sampleconstruct
                              Pure Thought
                              Pure Thought
                              • Nov 2012

Demo combining 2 patches from MetaVox - the main patch being "Tubular Harmonics Drone Split" which uses multisamples made by intermodulating/vocoding tubular chimes with overtone singing, the second patch fades in and out and introduces harmonic trills, each of the 3 sourcea uses 3 different harmonic trills split across the keyboard, so you can crossfade between 9 trills altogether.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/phoenix-alchemy-demo-metavox

Homepage

Comment

Working...