Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New X-Files

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The New X-Files


    Chris Carter is to start shooting a new six-episode event series of the X-Files for FOX this summer (2015)..


    http://www.fox.com/the-x-files/artic...5_Mar24_001_SF


  • #2
    :eek: Awesome, I just finished watching the show through for the first time
    https://organicpatterns.bandcamp.com
    https://soundcloud.com/organicpatterns
    https://twitter.com/OrganicPatterns

    https://www.facebook.com/OrganicPatt...homepage_panel

    Comment


    • #3
      I was so excited when I heard the new about this. I couldn't believe it. I hope it lives up to the X-Files we all know and love.
      https://amphigorymusic.bandcamp.com/

      https://soundcloud.com/amphigorymusic

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah..it's going to interesting to see how and where he takes this after so long. It might just be dreaming on my part, but it would be really nice if they ended up doing a new run of this..other than just 6 episodes..still, I guess all us X-Heads out there will be happy with even that.:biggrin:

        Comment


        • #5
          Looking forward to this though, to be honest, I'm struggling to remember how it all ended... Alien bounty hunters and black oil and something in siberia and africa and.....???

          I guess I always preferred the standalone episodes where it was more about them than the grand conspiracy. Hope they retain the humour too (that classic vampire one where they're each giving their own version of events )

          I enjoyed the last film too (maybe the only one who did going by the reviews ) so hopeful for this series.
          Latest release: never to be repeated

          Hearthis | Soundcloud

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GaryG View Post
            Looking forward to this though, to be honest, I'm struggling to remember how it all ended... Alien bounty hunters and black oil and something in siberia and africa and.....???

            I guess I always preferred the standalone episodes where it was more about them than the grand conspiracy. Hope they retain the humour too (that classic vampire one where they're each giving their own version of events )

            I enjoyed the last film too (maybe the only one who did going by the reviews ) so hopeful for this series.

            It would be nice to see him do a mix of both..the weekly "all in one" format and the on-going story arc, rather than just jumping back into the past time line..like they did with both movies. I really want to know what happened after they went on the run in the end..and how the baby ties in..plenty of scope therein that for some really new interesting stuff. Remember, the baby had alien DNA and strange powers that were only being to show.

            Comment


            • #7
              I had to google the baby, couldn't remember the ins and outs...

              ...heck, reading the wiki page made me realise just how much I've forgotten... time for a recap...
              Latest release: never to be repeated

              Hearthis | Soundcloud

              Comment


              • #8
                I've been watching them all again on Amazon Prime. Almost at the end of Season 2 right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ambient Mechanics View Post
                  rather than just jumping back into the past time line..like they did with both movies. I really want to know what happened after they went on the run in the end...
                  The last film The X-Files: I Want to Believe did take place after the series finale, and shows what had become of Mulder and Scully afterward.

                  That said, I'm definitely looking forward to the new episodes myself.
                  "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well the first movie was 'in sequence' too, set between series, events were referred to later on etc. But, yeah, looking forward to the new episodes too.

                    (and hey, it's Pyne, good to see you again, hope all is well).
                    Latest release: never to be repeated

                    Hearthis | Soundcloud

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pyne! and in an X-Files thread...

                      He might be an alien body snatcher.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Am I? The truth is out there... :lol:

                        Yeah guys, I'm doing fine...much better than I was a few years back, certainly!
                        "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ooh, just announced the Lone Gunmen are going to be in the new episodes... quite excited by that news, shame their spin-off never caught on.
                          Latest release: never to be repeated

                          Hearthis | Soundcloud

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                            Ooh, just announced the Lone Gunmen are going to be in the new episodes... quite excited by that news, shame their spin-off never caught on.
                            It's cool they're bringing them back...but I'm even more stoked that The Smoking Man is somehow returning, despite his supposed death in the series finale.
                            "The only thing that means a thing in the end is what you loved, and who you loved, and you let it take you home..."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In an interview with Gillian Anderson back in June, she had this to say.."Asked to describe the season premiere in three words, Anderson takes a long pause. “‘Slow.’ ‘Intense.’ And it’s setting groundwork, so it’s got a particular role to play. It does exactly what it needs to do. What’s a single word for fulfilling that requirement? ‘Functional’? ‘Appropriate’? ‘Functional’ works,” she says with a hearty laugh. “Slow, intense and functional!” - http://www.ambientonline.org/forum/s...he-New-X-Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X