Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great deal on zoom h2n recorder

hi

i've been looking around for a while, researching portable recorders for field/ambience recording etc. had a few models in mind, but was really interested in the mic configurations offered by the zoom h2n

anyways, in my travels, i came across this page

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Zoom-H2n-Hand...gAAOSwxH1UHCY4

was stunned at the price, and the fact it comes with the official accessory pack, and free delivery (even to me in spain). they seem to have a great ebay rep, but i still wanted to contact them to get a 'feel' for them. they answered all my questions regarding guarantee etc, and left me with a pretty good feeling. turns out the guarantee is uk only, so i'd have to send it back there to have it repaired (as i expected)

i ordered one this morning

anyway, i thought it might be something that others here might be interested in. i am in no way connected with this company, and am not vouching for them other than that it all seems pretty legit (such great deals always make me wonder). i also cannot vouch for the recorder, though i'm happy to share some links i came across that show it to be pretty capable. none of these lower-priced recorders are gonna supply audio tracks for the latest Attenborough expedition, but could definitely form the basis for a bit of mangling fun

will update when i receive it, and maybe upload some examples. not sure how long the deal will last for, though. at date of posting it seems thay have more than 10 available
    Last edited by el-bo; 10-21-2015, 05:16 AM.
    https://soundcloud.com/el-bo

That is a good deal, a good third cheaper than anywhere in the uk.

And I can vouch for el-bo, I've dealt with him in the past and he has a good rep at KvR. Whatever that's worth... <snigger>
    Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
      That is a good deal, a good third cheaper than anywhere in the uk.

And I can vouch for el-bo, I've dealt with him in the past and he has a good rep at KvR. Whatever that's worth... <snigger>
      thanks for the prop's, G

the amazon (spain) price for the unit, accessories, and delivery is 238€. i just paid 119, after the pound-to-euro conversion. pretty cool

Comment

I purchased the zoom H1 a couple of days ago. The price was too good to refuse, even if it proved to be below acceptable standards for high quality sound recording I could still use it for some fun projects and experimentation. Only had a short time to play around with it. So far I have been impressed with this small light weight recorder. Probably not ideal for high quality nature sounds as there is some audible hiss (minor, but it is still audible). But if you are going to mangle and process the sound then there is no reason to be concerned. For less than $200 it is a real bargain.
        | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
          I purchased the zoom H1 a couple of days ago. The price was too good to refuse, even if it proved to be below acceptable standards for high quality sound recording I could still use it for some fun projects and experimentation. Only had a short time to play around with it. So far I have been impressed with this small light weight recorder. Probably not ideal for high quality nature sounds as there is some audible hiss (minor, but it is still audible). But if you are going to mangle and process the sound then there is no reason to be concerned. For less than $200 it is a real bargain.
          from everything i can gather, none of these portable recorders are going to be up to jobs where they are the prominent source of audio; self-noise is evident in all of them. what differentiates the units within a couple of hundred bucks is the feature-list, build quality etc

i have read so many threads over the last weeks that confirm that, like with cameras, the best one is the one you have with you. so things like size, portability, battery life etc are all things that influence this

i am hoping that hiss can be dealt with later, if sections are to be particularly exposed. might look into the cheap (relatively-speaking) acon restoration suite, to see if these elements can be removed while still maintaining the core of the sound

like you, i just wanted something to start experimenting with. if i end up hooked, then that's a rabbit-hole to jump into later

have fun
          Last edited by el-bo; 10-21-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I own one of these. Although it was cheap back when I bought it (for my country anyways; I got mine for 600 bucks, usual price here is at least 730), it didn't come with all these peripherals and I nearly got screwed by my country's customs. Still a great recorder.
            I don't know who I am, but I'm still alive.

Comment

Working...
            X