Looking for some FILTER suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some FILTER suggestions.

I've been planning to add a filter to my collection for quite some time, I am now in the process of deciding which device I will spend my money on.

Currently the most likely candidate is the Waldorf 2-pole, mainly for the price. But I obviously like how it sounds and I really love the design as well.
    The runners-up are Moogerfooger MF101, and the Vermona Filter Lancet. If I didn't have to worry about money I would probably choose the Vermona, because of its greater versatility, but both cost too much for what I'm willing to spend on a single effect right now, even if it's something so important like a filter.

Anyway, I'm asking about whatever other hardware filters you think I should take in consideration. The price tag shouldn't be too much over 200 moneys, but of course everything's good to know about...for instance: http://euterpesynth.com/vertice-filterbank/ (...and I even tried this last year, with the constructor...oh dear!)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    Last edited by neuzd; 04-19-2016, 12:04 PM.
    Venus Martian on bandcamp
    My soundcloud page
    Uvular Corrosion: a radio-mix style podcast

http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/effects/

Dreadbox is a small Greek company making some very sturdy and affordable hardware. They make a 4 pole low pass called the LAMBDA which goes for around $250 US. I have one of their synths and it's very well made. Of course if you can swing the extra cost, the MOOG low pass is excellent - I have one myself.
    Massergy - Spotted Peccary Music

Comment

on the expensive side, but really flexible and reasonable on ebay if you are lucky: sherman filterbank
      there are different models as well. pretty steep learning curve but a monster. But I guess it really depends what you want from a filter? moog imho sounds always very warm and soft. the Waldorf, especially the older ones are rather rough and cold. My old pulse for example has an input as well, so I can use it as a great synth but also just use the filter from external sources (although I havent tried it yet)

the vertice looks dope! thanks for the iink!

Comment

I remember seeing the Dreadbox effects, they are pretty!
        Listening to the various demos I've been impressed by the Epsilon distorsion. It sounds fantastic. What turns me off a little about those though, is the fact that they all have mini jacks as CV connections, when all my gear has standard 1/4".
        Anyway in the light of my need of a versatile distorsion fx as well, I'm currently thinking of a combo with Waldorf 2-pole and the Moog Minifooger drive.

Also, just marginally on topic, I'm going to buy a large pedal case to put all my pedals + other small stuff (2 mixers, cv controller, pedal-sized synth) and use it as a (not so) ghetto-modular platform, for the prime reason of transportation and storage.
        Also it will look cool as hell.
        My soundcloud page

Comment

Dang it! Dang it! DANG IT!
          IT'S A CURSE!!!!!
          Sigh.....welcome home, my sweet.
          Filter Lancet_01_small.jpg
          My soundcloud page

Comment

But such a sweet, sweet curse.
            Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Those Vermona boxes are beautiful...and they sound nice :biggrin:
              www.soundcloud.com/phoenstorm

Comment

I have a t-resonator mkII, two analog filter with lots of knobs. I use it after some analog modeling synth and the result is incredible. My cold synth is alive! It can create subtle alterations, but also can make a sine violently screaming.

You should consider this.
                Hoshin on Bandcamp
                Hoshin on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Hoshin, that looks extremely interesting and the features seem to make it really versatile, but my last message from May 4th, meant that I had already bought the Vermona.
                  Thanks anyway, I might look into whatever else they produce.
                  My soundcloud page

Comment

:o
                    Hoshin on Bandcamp
                    Hoshin on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X