My cramped little bedroom studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cramped little bedroom studio

I've been GASing pretty hard lately and I finally ended up getting a desk to replace my flimsy folding table which was quickly running out of real estate.

My gear:
    Novation Bass Station II
    Novation Mininova
    Novation Circuit
    Waldorf Blofeld
    Behringer Deepmind 12
    Kilpatrick Audio Phenol (on the floor in the corner)
    Zoom MS-70CDR
    Arturia Keystep
    Korg nanoKEY Studio

For the past few months, I might have gone a teeeeeensy bit overboard buying synths haha. Oh well, who need money for food anyway? I'm having fun playing with them, might upload some music soon to my soundcloud. The only thing I still want to buy is a mixer and then I promise I'm done buying gear!

20180202_195106_HDR.jpg
    Bandcamp | Youtube | SoundCloud

promise, huh? Sure...

Comment

I'm sorry, but there is always more gear- and it will continue to call your name...
      https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
      https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
      https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
      https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

I know this, but I like to pretend I will exercise self-restraint. Despite all the evidence to the contrary!

Comment

Originally posted by ambient-addict View Post
          I know this, but I like to pretend I will exercise self-restraint. Despite all the evidence to the contrary!
          1 year later...

synthwall_all-1024x679.jpg

Comment

And a month or two after that...

DSC04149%202CarysHuws.e14b7021.jpg?auto=format&w=1000.jpg

Seriously, that a neat set up, hope you enjoy many creative hours with it.

Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

How odd; center of that picture above are the two synths I own; DX7IIFD and an Ensoniq EPS, sitting side by side. I better check my closet and make sure they are still there....

EDIT: oops, that is not an EPS, but an ESQ-1, which makes my post not as cool.
              Last edited by aoVI; 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post
                And a month or two after that...

DSC04149%202CarysHuws.e14b7021.jpg?auto=format&w=1000.jpg

Seriously, that a neat set up, hope you enjoy many creative hours with it.
                lol too true

But holy molly, that place looks like heaven. After some google-fu, looks like it's a shop called Three Wave Music in New Jersey. I may have to make a pilgrimage out there someday...

Comment

Nice setup! I wish I had so many synths. I live in a third-world country and it's harder to afford that, but eventually I will, lol.
                  Question: If you don't have a mixer, what do you use to blend all of your sounds into the computer? Some multi-input interface?

Comment

Originally posted by almanacs View Post
                    Nice setup! I wish I had so many synths. I live in a third-world country and it's harder to afford that, but eventually I will, lol.
                    Question: If you don't have a mixer, what do you use to blend all of your sounds into the computer? Some multi-input interface?
                    Thanks! Yes I do have a 4 input Behringer audio interface which does the job for now, though I have to overdub if I want to record more than 2 stereo synths. I would like to get a proper mixer with more stereo inputs, faders, fx sends, etc. I think having a mixer would open up more live jamming possibilities, as I could fade in/out different instruments and mix in effects on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by ambient-addict View Post

Thanks! Yes I do have a 4 input Behringer audio interface which does the job for now, though I have to overdub if I want to record more than 2 stereo synths. I would like to get a proper mixer with more stereo inputs, faders, fx sends, etc. I think having a mixer would open up more live jamming possibilities, as I could fade in/out different instruments and mix in effects on the fly.
                      Awesome! Yup, for live performance a mixer is a must! I'm also planning to purchase one because my audio interface is very limited (even for computer/software music).
                      In my case I'll stick to Behringer too, best mixers and interfaces ever!

Comment

Originally posted by almanacs View Post
                        In my case I'll stick to Behringer too, best mixers and interfaces ever!
                        They get a lot of stick (maybe deservedly so with their cheap guitar pedals...) but everything I've had of theirs has been solid as a rock. Never gigged extensively with any of it but I can't say it felt inferior build-wise to more expensive brands. I still have a 25 key Behringer controller, much nicer feel than the m-audio axiom it replaced imo.

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaryG View Post

They get a lot of stick (maybe deservedly so with their cheap guitar pedals...) but everything I've had of theirs has been solid as a rock. Never gigged extensively with any of it but I can't say it felt inferior build-wise to more expensive brands. I still have a 25 key Behringer controller, much nicer feel than the m-audio axiom it replaced imo.
                          Indeed, I wonder how Behringer does that, most of their products are rock-solid and increidble cheap. Their product design is very bad tho.

Comment

Well, I think you have the other companies to blame for behringer product design. ;)

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Cool set-up - hey music before food and rent is my mantra as well

Comment

Working...
                              X