Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iso-Acoustics monitor isolation stands (mini review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iso-Acoustics monitor isolation stands (mini review)

I ordered these 2 days ago and they just arrived -- the set-up was easy - insert either the short or long tubes, depending on what height you want for the monitors - there are also small plastic insertions that go in the tubes should you want up- or down-tilt My monitors (KRK Rokit 5) were on my desk (which is covered in reclaimed airplane metal) so the reverberation of the bass was too much -- installed these stands 5 minutes ago, cranked up some music, and was amazed -- the bass is nice and tight now and, with the tweeters at ear level, finally hearing the music as intended - hope this short review helps anyone interested in these isolation stands

Very cool looking, might have bought them if I'd seen them. I bought these recently: They elevate the speaker 9" (tweeters almost exactly at ear level), are heavy duty aluminum, and allow for using the space under the speakers (I've got my Steinberg UR22 interface under the right speaker, very handy.)
    They are pricey, $159 Amazon Prime, but as I tell my wife, "hey, this is where I live!"
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest release: whispersinspace.bandcamp.com

Comment

Do they help keep the desktop from rattling or distorting the bass?

Comment

Haven't had rattling. Don't hear distortion either, but I tend to not have much bass in what I record and listen to.

Frankly, I listen to music very quiet now; have some ear issues (they are 67 years old), and loud sounds are troubling. The louder I play things it also ramps up the tinnitus level. I use a sound level meter and make sure my monitors and my speakers in my "recording area" are kept in the low 60 dB's.
        Latest release: whispersinspace.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
        X