Iris Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iris Thread

I noticed we don't have a dedicated thread here for Iris by iZotope, so let's start one. We all know of it's shortcomings so maybe we don't have to discuss too much what's missing in Iris, but hopefully focus on what can be achieved with it.

Here is a vid I made this morning with a new patch from my subscription series, using a (processed) flagolet harp texture I recorded yesterday.

There are many more Iris vids on my youtube channel, if anybody wants to see/hear some more.

All my Iris audio demos:

Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 09-30-2013, 01:39 AM. Reason: repaired video link

Homepage

Simon, your Iris patchpool subscription was one of my best musical investments so far.
    I'm not talking only about excellent sounds of your patches, but also about great educational value.
    I learned a lot analysing and modyfying your Iris presets.
    Thank you!
    SoundCloud // FreeSound // Twitter
    Get exposure for your electronic music through WEATNU.COM independent promotion network.
    "Shortwave" - collaboration album with Ager Sonus

Comment

Great idea. I won Luftrum's (amazing) Iris pack in a KVR contest, and so had to then get Iris. That's an amazing sound too, Simon, in the OP.
      Ascendant Bandcamp // SoundCloud // FaceBook // Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Phase47 View Post
        Great idea. I won Luftrum's (amazing) Iris pack in a KVR contest, and so had to then get Iris. That's an amazing sound too, Simon, in the OP.
        How is it that you and I both randomly won Luftrum's contests on KVR on two separate occasions and now we play in a band together?

#fate :hypnotized:
        Synphaera Records
        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Originally posted by MetaDronos View Post
          Simon, your Iris patchpool subscription was one of my best musical investments so far.
          I'm not talking only about excellent sounds of your patches, but also about great educational value.
          I learned a lot analysing and modyfying your Iris presets.
          Thank you!
          Thank you for the flowers, Sebastian, great to read that!

Homepage

Comment

So you won some fuel and then got the car
            Last edited by Sampleconstruct; 09-30-2013, 11:09 PM. Reason: typo

Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
              Sou you won some fuel and then got the car
              Basically, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by S1gnsOfL1fe View Post
                How is it that you and I both randomly won Luftrum's contests on KVR on two separate occasions and now we play in a band together?

#fate :hypnotized:
                Luftrum obviously wanted it that way. And what Luftrum wants...

Comment

Got up at 4 am, looked at the crystal clear stars in the sky, fired up the studio, made 2 fresh Iris patches and produced this demo with them:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/outskirts-iris-demo-patchpool

Homepage

Comment

Got up at 4 am, looked at the crystal clear stars in the sky, fired up the studio, made 2 fresh Iris patches and produced this demo with them:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/outskirts-iris-demo-patchpool
                    That's good stuff, Simon. Should anybody doubt the Power of iris...

Comment

That's good stuff, Simon. Should anybody doubt the Power of iris...
                      Thank you, I'm not on an Iris-mission in any way, but Iris does lead me to special sonic territories for sure...

Homepage

Comment

After reading this thread and listening to your audio samples...I decided to see if I could get Iris at a discount somewhere since I don't own it.

First I try the iZotope website, full price. No problem...so then I think 'I'll try audiodeluxe'

Go to audiodeluxe. $50 less than on the official website but it says "add to cart to see price"

So I s1gn in and guess what? It automatically adds a coupon "Fall2013" that takes another $60 off. A total savings of $110. :eek:

Is it my lucky day? Is fate working it's magic to me this evening? I didn't expect to own Iris tonight...but now I do.

If anyone else is interested, go get it! I couldn't find anything on the website (audiodeluxe.com) about this coupon.

Like I said, it was just "magic." :whiteflag:
                        Synphaera Records
                        Space | Time | Matter

Comment

After reading this thread and listening to your audio samples...I decided to see if I could get Iris at a discount somewhere since I don't own it.

First I try the iZotope website, full price. No problem...so then I think 'I'll try audiodeluxe'

Go to audiodeluxe. $50 less than on the official website but it says "add to cart to see price"

So I s1gn in and guess what? It automatically adds a coupon "Fall2013" that takes another $60 off. A total savings of $110. :eek:

Is it my lucky day? Is fate working it's magic to me this evening? I didn't expect to own Iris tonight...but now I do.

If anyone else is interested, go get it! I couldn't find anything on the website (audiodeluxe.com) about this coupon.

Like I said, it was just "magic." :whiteflag:
                          Wow, that's a huge saving! I'm sure you'll make good use of it in your music, Chris.

Homepage

Comment

Wow, that's a huge saving! I'm sure you'll make good use of it in your music, Chris.
                            I thought so. I will get my license tomorrow...can't wait! I'll probably pickup your Iris subscription sometime after that too.

Cheers,
                            -S1gns
                            Synphaera Records
                            Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Luftrum's power has grown, I see.

Comment

Working...
                              X