Kaleidoscope by 2C Audio - amazing resonator effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaleidoscope by 2C Audio - amazing resonator effect

2C Audio just released Kaleidoscope, I already had the pleasure of betatesting it for almost half a year and it's a fantastic FX tool, here are some first impro videos I just jammed:

Homepage

I just got the email. Looks very interesting - still trying to work out what it is doing. Looks and sounds rather like the Image Filter in Metasynth?

*EDIT* Just read the KVR description from Andrew. :thumbsup:
    Last edited by Makrotulpa; 01-16-2015, 02:42 PM.
    Makrotulpa - SKON - Blog - Soundcloud

Comment

Here are some more KS vids I made during the last night:

Homepage

Comment

Here I am using the spring resonators and a simple wooden texture as input source, creating granular-like effects:

Homepage

Comment

Here I'm improvising with one of my Serum patches from Tabula Rasa (mainly played with the left hand as I needed the right hand for KS), staying in the key of G as this was the root note chosen in KS:

Homepage

Comment

Here is something more rhythmical, using a KS setting programmed from scratch on a harp sequencer (MachFive 3), as usual tweaking things on the fly, some interesting patterns emerged from that jam.

Homepage

Comment

2C Audio, y u no email about this by now??

I don't see anything on 2CAudio's or Galbanum's websites about this. I found a direct link to the product page, but it's not in their drop down Products menu.

Maybe need to refresh/delete cookies.

Things like this are right up my alley. I haven't made a sound with a conventional synth in ages (aside from my MicroBrute). Part of why I love my OP-1 so much, there's not really a 'standard VA' on board. On the software side, I love things lke Kaivo, Enzyme, Live's Corpus, and things that process samples, etc.

Looking forward to giving this a go when I get home. Can't wait to see how my FX-8350 handles it (4.2GHz, 8 cores, great at parallel performance). And then again when I OC it to 5GHz+ on a closed loop water cooler :rockon:

**edit** a little bummed to read it only works with the 64-bit Architecture 2010 waveforms, as I have the 32-bit and Alchemy versions. If I'd known this was coming I'd have gotten the 64-bit library during the recent sale =/ Ah well, the power is in the making not selecting randomly from 25,000 wave files lol... Being able to draw pictures on my Surface Pro 3, save to the cloud, and open them in KS is going to be amazing.

**edit 2** "Yes, AND, optionally for people who don't have one of our reverbs (well even if you do, and would like another) we are going to offer 50% off any of reverbs to add to KS if you purchaser during the intro period"

Great time for anyone wanting Aether or B2.
              Last edited by KrisM; 01-19-2015, 02:14 PM.
              Meh.

Comment

Would be nice for those of us who have several of 2CA reverbs if the offer went the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by aoVI View Post
                  Would be nice for those of us who have several of 2CA reverbs if the offer went the other way around.
                  That would be awesome. I only recently acquired B2 and Breeze, but both are top-quality products which are rapidly becoming indispensable in my workflow.
                  Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Exploring the FIR-Mode in Kaleidoscope some more, here I use it on a reversed and pitch-modulated actor's voice from one of my musical theatre works, video starts dry, if you're somewhat paranoid, don't watch it:

Homepage

Comment

And here is something more dreamy, a simple sequence played with an acoustic guitar flageolet synth (MachFive 3) processed with a KS patch reminding of downsampling and tremolo:

Homepage

Comment

Seems there is a discount code for owners of other versions of Architecture Waveforms 2010 to get 50% off any other version. Hurrah
                        Last edited by KrisM; 01-20-2015, 08:09 PM.
                        Meh.

Comment

Very cool.. but outside my price range. Le sigh.
                          Home Page: http://www.syntheticaurality.com/
                          Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality
                          Authors Den: http://www.authorsden.com/edwardaustinaverill

Comment

I had just created this Kaleidoscope preset for another thing I'm working on in conjunction with several other processors, when finished I turned everything else off and had a little Rhodes jam with this preset, which creates this very sustained and evolving reverb-like texture, it's all KS, no additional reverb in the video:

Homepage

Comment

that's beautiful...

downloaded the demo last night, but I haven't yet had the time to install it.
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X