Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zynaptiq Adaptiverb

There is a new reverb/spectral re-synthesizer by Zynaptiq - Adaptiverb, here are some first video experiments with it, live on video. One can take a sonic footprint of one source and apply that to the reverb sound (that's only one aspect of it).

Homepage

Exploring the pitch quantization with a bell sound - nice plugin... - on Gearslutz someone is having iLok issues with a phyiscal dongle, so it seems to be not only related to HD - I was lucky then (sweat sweat...).

Homepage

Comment

But beware of installing the demo, some users are reporting iLok issues which makes all their other licenses invalid - I was lucky and held back for a while to install the demo, but then it seemed it was only related to HD installations of iLok, now someone on Gearslutz reported an issue with the dongle (I am also using the iLok2 dongle and have no issues whatsoever).

Homepage

Comment

I love this reverb.

I am currently using the demo, and use both HD and dongle licensing; i use HD for demo licenses and the dongle for full licenses. I haven't come across any issues as of yet (I checked out many but probably not all of my iLok'd plugs). I'll consider myself lucky like Mr. Stockhausen. I had heard a few similar issues recently that were not related directly to this software (with Slate) so it may be a problem on iLok's end rather than Zynaptiq's. EIther way, glitches involving licensing can be frustrating, but I am certain will be ironed out soon.

The install seemed strange as I have never been required to reboot my computer after installing a VST. I am thinking the reboot was due a reinstall of the Pace software?

It was late last night when I installed and only tested using Addictive Keys, but that was enough to make me feel the love. I ended the night pairing it with Echoboy on a long-huge-slowly-decaying loopfest and just sitting back and listening to it until I realized I was actually just sleeping.

It had my CPU meter pegged out more than not, and a number of presets gave me crackles until I opened up the buffer some--then the meters were back in reasonable territory. The latency on my system using this was pretty noticeable (i7 920, 24GB RAM, Win7/64 using StudioOne Pro 3) but for my compositional processes, not a deal-breaker. I have similar issues using 2CAudio verbs, and will apply them generally after performance, and then freeze the tracks. Multiple instances did not seem to tax the CPU much more than 1 (only opened a total of three though).

The sound is incredible; well worth the CPU tax, and I am trying to figure out a way to fit it into my budget. I've passed on a few good new things lately, so...:hmmm: If not now during the intro pricing (found it for $134 at Audiodeluxe) [EDIT: as with JRR, AudioDeluxe was made to remove the discount. Should have impulse bought last night and saved 15 bucks] maybe they will have a Holiday sale this winter.

But yeah, this is something I want in my toolbox.

Link to product page
        Last edited by aoVI; 08-14-2016, 09:34 PM. Reason: added link, updated info

Comment

I think the Pace installs a device driver. Still no reason to reboot Windows, but a lot of installers will enforce that
          Whatsisname's Little Fluffy Clouds | Campsite | Hearthis | Orfium | SeismicTC | Twitter | Ello

Comment

Test 4 - experimenting with Adaptiverb focusing on the HCF (Harmonic Contour Filtering) aspect, taking a sonic footprint of an input source (various soundscapes) and then processing electronic drum hits (Tremor) with the filtered reverb type.

Homepage

Comment

Improvising with Reaktor Skrewell and Adaptiverb live on video.

Homepage

Comment

Jamming with a Rhodes sound (AAS Lounge Lizard 4) straight into Zynaptiq Adaptiverb using a custom preset (HCF/Hold mode) which uses a filter footprint of an Iris drone sound. I like the feature where you can switch off latency compensation so you can play without latency (or with lesser as the DAW sample buffer is quite high) – tweaking some parameters on the fly live on video with a Freeze drone on the last note. Video starts dry...

Homepage

Comment

Processing some of my Groove Agent tom sounds with Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, video starts with a “normal“ sort of reverb, then HCF filtering with a sonic footprint from one of my Chromaphone patches comes in, towards the end it gets really weird (who would have thought...)

Homepage

Comment

I saw someone talking about this on the Cakewalk forum... I missed this topic and I was about to ask about Adaptiverb here.

So, here I am, late to the party as usual haha!

I've had a very small play with it so far and I used a sample I created for one of the OSD challenges, just to see what it would do.

Very interesting, especially the "Freeze" option. Still not sure how that would work in real time but I saw that you can add automation to this switch, along with a host of other settings.

Like I said, still early days.

Sonar was reporting very high CPU usage on the first core especially. But for some reason it calmed down a bit later on. More experimentation required with buffers and what have you.

As for a reverb though, I think I am going to stick with Breverb 2 for main reverb duties as I see Adaptiverb more as a sound mangling tool than a reverb, for me at least.

cheers

andy
                    >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

A simple line played by a Chromaphone sound and a slow pad melody (ArcSyn) processed by the same instance of Zynaptiq Adaptiverb in Hold-mode (using a sonic footprint of one of my Zebra sounds as spectral filter), the dry/wet slider is set to 90 %, about 2 minutes into the track HCF Weigthing is slowly being automated towards the bright side and back. It's interesting to hear how the two sounds are fighting inside the plugin and how dominant the pad sound becomes (because it's sustained and the spectral re-synthesis loves sustained sounds) although it was about -15 dB softer than the bell sound. I also used a dynamic EQ post Adaptiverb to tame some of the resonances.

Homepage

Comment

I bought this today, after reading about it here and on KVR, and WOW this is amazing. I'm looking forward to using it on OSD 43.
                        I read that CPU usage was high, but here on my i7-3930K so far it's been very low...

Comment

Originally posted by Wanterkeelt View Post
                          I bought this today, after reading about it here and on KVR, and WOW this is amazing. I'm looking forward to using it on OSD 43.
                          I read that CPU usage was high, but here on my i7-3930K so far it's been very low...
                          Nice one... I look forward to hearing what you do with it... I've still only scratched the surface really
                          >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Adaptiverb sounds amazing! Does anyone know how it compares to B2 by 2CAudio?
                            ahornberg.bandcamp.com
                            soundcloud.com/ahornberg

Comment

After finally catching up with this thread and reading your impressions, I HAVE to try this reverb. Very excited to hear the pitch matching and freeze functions.

Downloading now... :hypnotized:
                              Synphaera Records
                              Space | Time | Matter

Comment

Working...
                              X