Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't think I'd be posting in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Andy
    | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

I thought I'd post a couple of frames here, from a fractal animation I am currently rendering, rather than clutter up the Choatica topic.

Each of the following pics are actual frames rendered to a Stopping SL = 8. Each frame is taking around fifteen seconds to render. 5400 frames X 15 seconds per frame = 22.5 hours!

I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Look forward to seeing the final product Andy!

Comment

Thanks Bruce. So am I

I've just checked on progress and it's up to frame 4195. Although the average render rate was 15 seconds per frame, some frames towards the end might not take as long. At least I'm hoping so anyway.

What I love about this one is the colours, for some reason. Also, there are parts of this animation that are very slow and gradual so I am going to have to come up with a suitable composition to go with it. Question is, do I post the video without sound first, or make you wait until I have the finished product in the can! :biggrin:

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
            What I love about this one is the colours, for some reason.
            Light blues and violet are the predominant colors in high voltage corona discharge in air.
            Having experimented with high voltage corona discharge a fair bit in the past, the first thing that came
            to mind when looking at those blue and violet 'flame' images, was it looks quite similar to corona discharge patterns.
            Back before the days of computers and sophisticated graphics art software, some people used to take pictures
            of HV corona discharges in various ways to get similar types of results for art purposes. Now we can do much more
            sophisticated things with just a few clicks of a mouse. Another thing I find interesting is that Tibetan monks for example have been
            making 'mandala' diagrams for many centuries, and some of those have a lot of similarities to certain types of fractal art. We live
            in a fractal world it would seem.

For example:
            http://cdn.iopscience.com/images/1367-2630/13/11/113035/113035gssfig.gif
            http://www.dorset-mindfulness.co.uk/...AwLzzTE57l.jpg

Last edited by TDP; 01-29-2017, 09:56 PM.
            Soundcloud | YouTube | Bandcamp

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
              p.s. how do you post such large images? The default is just tiny thumbnails.
              Bit late but, if this is still an issue:

After you upload an image to AO you can double click it to access a few sizing options. Then just select what you want (small, medium, actual size etc).
              Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Thank you! I should have thought of double clicking...derrr...I am such an idiot.
                | Bandcamp | Hearthis | website |

Comment

Originally posted by Maharg View Post
                  Thank you! I should have thought of double clicking...derrr...I am such an idiot.
                  Hardly.

I only found the option by accident, not exactly obvious imho.
                  Latest release: never to be repeated

Hearthis | Soundcloud

Comment

Now that I am releasing stuff on Bandcamp, here are my latest "album" covers:-

Comment

I've been playing with Chaotica and came up with this simple but pleasing (to me) image:-

Comment

I like simple patterns like that for use as album covers or as influencing layers in photoshop.

Comment

As someone who used to work in commercial art, the second logo holds the most appeal for me, the straight line name with the fractal background- but all of the fractal renders are great! I have used Apophysis and Ultra Fractal 4 and 5, and I'm pretty facile with Adobe Photoshop- I always keep the latest version on my p.c.

Maharg to answer your question, there is more than one way to post images on this forum, I have posted full sized images a number of times, it's not necessary to post it as a thumbnail, although it's more expedient when you have a number of images to upload to post them as thumbnails. To put the image full-size in the reply, just click on the 'clipboard' button it's the first of the three on the top right of the reply window, and choose the 'upload attachments' button.

For example:

IMG_0621.PNG

The image is not mine, it's something I swiped off of ello, but just choose anything other than the 'thumbnail' option.
                          Last edited by Sonic Bodhi; 11-24-2018, 01:01 PM.
                          https://metapop.com/sonic-bodhi
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/SonicBodhi1
                          https://sonicbodhi.bandcamp.com/
                          https://hearthis.at/sonic-bodhi-iw/

Comment

Working...
                          X