No announcement yet.

List of small (not out ouf my league) ambient/experimental labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to Agor Sonus, one of Cryo Chamber artists last month, he told me it took him 5 years to be accepted by Simon(label guy) and now he's not receiving any new artist.
    Meanwhile
    ​​​I sent my songs to almost 11 labels. Sun See Sky Productions, Cryo Chamber, Recitals, 7K! , Ninja Tune, Kranky, Darla, All Saint Records, Modern Records, Slowcraft.
    Not even a reply I received. I should have killed myself.

​​​As I've been informed it's more about connections with artists and it does make a real difference when an artist sends your work to A&R guy rather than you doing that. And of course Authority. If you havent released an album so far, then to A&R person you havent had enough authority or credibility to work with.
    Last edited by Morteza Jahangiri; 07-02-2020, 08:47 AM.
    Instagram

Bandcamp.com

Comment

c7j-Umldjy2l-Wz12-SKGUuk-Pv-TYCev11y-oo-K2.jpg
      https://soundcloud.com/crepuscular

Comment

Just discovered this one:

https://interpretnull.bandcamp.com/music
        Spotify // Bandcamp

Comment

https://aemc.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Morteza Jahangiri View Post
            I talked to Agor Sonus, one of Cryo Chamber artists last month, he told me it took him 5 years to be accepted by Simon(label guy) and now he's not receiving any new artist.
            Yes, I also talked to him and he told me the same.

Meanwhil I sent my songs to almost 11 labels. Sun See Sky Productions, Cryo Chamber, Recitals, 7K! , Ninja Tune, Kranky, Darla, All Saint Records, Modern Records, Slowcraft.
            Not even a reply I received. I should have killed myself..
            That is very bad style. If a label rejects an album - why not, if they find, that it does not fit in their catalog, then it is okay. But it is not okay, that they do not answer! Even if they are busy: are one or two sentences too much? "Thanks for your demo, but it does not fit our style, please try elsewehere..."
            Last edited by betadecay; 08-11-2020, 12:56 AM.
            Latest Album (Sept. 2020): Tenth Region Of The Night
            Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Youtube - Essentia Mundi - Winter-Light

Comment

I dunno... I imagine that labels must get overwhelmed with submissions each week and eventually stop bothering to reply to each and every one.

Same with radio stations...
              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                I dunno... I imagine that labels must get overwhelmed with submissions each week and eventually stop bothering to reply to each and every one.

Same with radio stations...
                That attitude should come from some tastemakers and music listeners. Is copying and pasting a message that really hard? An artist knows what a person has gone through to make a song. Just saying!
                Instagram

Bandcamp.com

Comment

That attitude should come from some tastemakers and music listeners. Is copying and pasting a message that really hard? An artist knows what a person has gone through to make a song. Just saying!
                  I am sure that you have absolutely no idea of the situation...

How many people are now creating their own music? All wanting to be heard and submit to labels?
                  I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

Latest release - Anomaly available on Bandcamp

Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

Comment

Some labels indicate in their conditions for sending demos that they will only contact those in whom they are interested. Usually you will not be able to know why they are not interested in your material.
                    https://soundcloud.com/crepuscular

Comment

Working...
                    X