Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of small (not out ouf my league) ambient/experimental labels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I talked to Agor Sonus, one of Cryo Chamber artists last month, he told me it took him 5 years to be accepted by Simon(label guy) and now he's not receiving any new artist.
    Meanwhile
    ​​​I sent my songs to almost 11 labels. Sun See Sky Productions, Cryo Chamber, Recitals, 7K! , Ninja Tune, Kranky, Darla, All Saint Records, Modern Records, Slowcraft.
    Not even a reply I received. I should have killed myself.

    ​​​As I've been informed it's more about connections with artists and it does make a real difference when an artist sends your work to A&R guy rather than you doing that. And of course Authority. If you havent released an album so far, then to A&R person you havent had enough authority or credibility to work with.
    Last edited by Morteza Jahangiri; 07-02-2020, 08:47 AM.
    Instagram

    Bandcamp.com

    Comment


    • #17
      c7j-Umldjy2l-Wz12-SKGUuk-Pv-TYCev11y-oo-K2.jpg
      https://soundcloud.com/crepuscular

      Comment


      • #18
        Just discovered this one:

        https://interpretnull.bandcamp.com/music
        Spotify // Bandcamp

        Comment


        • #19
          https://aemc.bandcamp.com/

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Morteza Jahangiri View Post
            I talked to Agor Sonus, one of Cryo Chamber artists last month, he told me it took him 5 years to be accepted by Simon(label guy) and now he's not receiving any new artist.
            Yes, I also talked to him and he told me the same.

            Originally posted by Morteza Jahangiri View Post
            Meanwhil I sent my songs to almost 11 labels. Sun See Sky Productions, Cryo Chamber, Recitals, 7K! , Ninja Tune, Kranky, Darla, All Saint Records, Modern Records, Slowcraft.
            Not even a reply I received. I should have killed myself..
            That is very bad style. If a label rejects an album - why not, if they find, that it does not fit in their catalog, then it is okay. But it is not okay, that they do not answer! Even if they are busy: are one or two sentences too much? "Thanks for your demo, but it does not fit our style, please try elsewehere..."
            Last edited by betadecay; 08-11-2020, 12:56 AM.
            Latest Album (Sept. 2020): Tenth Region Of The Night
            Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Youtube - Essentia Mundi - Winter-Light

            Comment


            • #21
              I dunno... I imagine that labels must get overwhelmed with submissions each week and eventually stop bothering to reply to each and every one.

              Same with radio stations...
              I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

              Latest release - DRONE available on Bandcamp


              Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by synkrotron View Post
                I dunno... I imagine that labels must get overwhelmed with submissions each week and eventually stop bothering to reply to each and every one.

                Same with radio stations...
                That attitude should come from some tastemakers and music listeners. Is copying and pasting a message that really hard? An artist knows what a person has gone through to make a song. Just saying!
                Instagram

                Bandcamp.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Morteza Jahangiri View Post

                  That attitude should come from some tastemakers and music listeners. Is copying and pasting a message that really hard? An artist knows what a person has gone through to make a song. Just saying!
                  I am sure that you have absolutely no idea of the situation...

                  How many people are now creating their own music? All wanting to be heard and submit to labels?
                  I may not post anything useful, but at least I do it often

                  Latest release - DRONE available on Bandcamp


                  Bandcamp // SoundCloud // YouTube

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Some labels indicate in their conditions for sending demos that they will only contact those in whom they are interested. Usually you will not be able to know why they are not interested in your material.
                    https://soundcloud.com/crepuscular

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thanks for the suggestions, I've added them to the first page. The situation with receiving no replies or taking years to release something through a label is really painful. For a full time musician, perhaps this is worth the effort and there may be little alternative. But I am in no way making money from music or planning to. I only want to be able to release through a label and to receive minimal support (perhaps some help or feedback about design and mastering) and some visibility.

                      What I did in the time that past since I started this thread was to release my album myself on bandcamp and while it worked out fine, getting exposure is really tough and once you exhaust your social network (they take a listen immediately after the release), you may get no plays at all. Like everyone else, I'm happier if more people listen to my music, so this is not ideal.

                      Let's keep searching for a solution. One alternative would be to set up a record label collectively. However, that probably needs dedicated people and may day job is certainly not going to allow much for that (I can barely find time to make music).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        just to for dark ambienteers: https://kalpamantra.bandcamp.com .... and for fine moody soundscapes: https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com ... highly recomendable both of them

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Morteza Jahangiri View Post
                          I talked to Agor Sonus, one of Cryo Chamber artists last month, he told me it took him 5 years to be accepted by Simon(label guy) and now he's not receiving any new artist.
                          Meanwhile
                          ​​​I sent my songs to almost 11 labels. Sun See Sky Productions, Cryo Chamber, Recitals, 7K! , Ninja Tune, Kranky, Darla, All Saint Records, Modern Records, Slowcraft.
                          Not even a reply I received. I should have killed myself.

                          ​​​As I've been informed it's more about connections with artists and it does make a real difference when an artist sends your work to A&R guy rather than you doing that. And of course Authority. If you havent released an album so far, then to A&R person you havent had enough authority or credibility to work with.
                          morteza, net-labels are even more haughty than 'real' profit labels... highly recomedable: https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Fabio Keiner View Post
                            just to for dark ambienteers: https://kalpamantra.bandcamp.com .... and for fine moody soundscapes: https://auralfilms.bandcamp.com ... highly recomendable both of them
                            Thanks! Added these. I think months ago I actually got a reply to my inquiry from Aural Films and the person running it clearly laid out their requirements. So that was nice (I did not follow through because I had 9 minutes of materials but their minimum was 30 min).

                            Also, might be nice to figure which of these labels release into Spotify etc. instead of just bandcamp. Where I'm located, people don't really use bandcamp and they have complained to me that they would like my album to be on Spotify instead (or at least, Youtube and Soundcloud).

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Tetkik ve Tedavi View Post

                              Thanks! Added these. I think months ago I actually got a reply to my inquiry from Aural Films and the person running it clearly laid out their requirements. So that was nice (I did not follow through because I had 9 minutes of materials but their minimum was 30 min).

                              Also, might be nice to figure which of these labels release into Spotify etc. instead of just bandcamp. Where I'm located, people don't really use bandcamp and they have complained to me that they would like my album to be on Spotify instead (or at least, Youtube and Soundcloud).
                              well, nbt you could start your very own netöabel, too! won't that be an idea? it's not that difficult (but time devouring - you could make it special by only allowing EPs with 10 minutes maximum - I'll be the first in applying for submission

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Fabio Keiner View Post

                                well, nbt you could start your very own netöabel, too! won't that be an idea? it's not that difficult (but time devouring - you could make it special by only allowing EPs with 10 minutes maximum - I'll be the first in applying for submission
                                Yeah, I mentioned that idea (that we should collectively start a net label) above but I cannot lead such an endeavor due to life circumstances. So I'm not gonna push it here but maybe others will see this and there might be some collective momentum. cheers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X