List of small (not out ouf my league) ambient/experimental labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tetkik ve Tedavi View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've added them to the first page. The situation with receiving no replies or taking years to release something through a label is really painful. For a full time musician, perhaps this is worth the effort and there may be little alternative. But I am in no way making money from music or planning to. I only want to be able to release through a label and to receive minimal support (perhaps some help or feedback about design and mastering) and some visibility.

What I did in the time that past since I started this thread was to release my album myself on bandcamp and while it worked out fine, getting exposure is really tough and once you exhaust your social network (they take a listen immediately after the release), you may get no plays at all. Like everyone else, I'm happier if more people listen to my music, so this is not ideal.

Let's keep searching for a solution. One alternative would be to set up a record label collectively. However, that probably needs dedicated people and may day job is certainly not going to allow much for that (I can barely find time to make music).
    I hear you on this one. It's even worse if you stop releasing music for a few years and then try to return. Also, some of the sites where I used to post my music don't give me as many plays as they used to, particularly Reddit which is kind of surprising.
    Last edited by Castleview; 08-06-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Castleview View Post

I hear you on this one. It's even worse if you stop releasing music for a few years and then try to return. Also, some of the sites where I used to post my music don't give me as many plays as they used to, particularly Reddit which is kind of surprising.
      That's a bummer. I guess we will be forced to just enjoy the process of making music and not care at all about whether anyone else listens. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Tetkik ve Tedavi View Post

I guess we will be forced to just enjoy the process of making music and not care at all about whether anyone else listens. :-(
        Situation Normal...
        >]:| ~ > Bandcamp < ~ |:| ~ > SoundCloud < ~ |:| ~ > YouTube < ~ |:[<

Comment

Working...
        X