Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a list of weekly ambient radio shows. w/human host.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    BTW, you say "still nothing like him".If your interested and don't know of Ken Nordine, his stuff is way cool too, but in a different way.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=ken+nordine
    ...and I cannot forget the famous Lord Buckley!


    OK, now I'm feeling silly enough to post this...haaaaaa
    Last edited by annode; 11-11-2019, 06:49 PM.
    "If you believe in things you don't understand, you might be a republican."annodeMy Music

    Comment


    • #62
      annode thanks for this list. As a relative newcomer to ambient and this forum this is a great resource. Got my ears on now!
      best wishes, Tony

      https://soundcloud.com/thisnorthernlife

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by ajmiller View Post
        annode thanks for this list. As a relative newcomer to ambient and this forum this is a great resource. Got my ears on now!
        Welcome ajmiller ! And thanks for letting me know you are getting use from my data post.
        Any probs or questions are welcome as well.
        If you know of other over-air ambient type radio programs, please let me know.

        Enjoy,
        Barry
        "If you believe in things you don't understand, you might be a republican."annodeMy Music

        Comment


        • #64
          Might be a late thank you to the original poster of this but THANK YOU for posting all those shows up! As a musician in the "scene" for many years I will Renee and many of the others have been very supportive of the musical genre. Many of these dj's actually enjoy real communication (when they have time) with the artists i.e. they will randomly send me a play list just to let me know they are playing my music which I think is very kind.
          Its not a very large scene to be honest and a real shame because this form of music entails a certain artistic richness and positivity creativity for people and in a sense creates a general well being(no I am not a crystal healer either!). Perhaps one day people sick of mainstream music will realize there are other forms of music that do not follow the imposed doctrine of verse chorus verse! Enough of my ramble!

          Comment


          • #65
            Your welcome hrr. There are some online automated sources for good quality ambient listening, but I prefer a human host and I just wanted to share with others that there are many sources to choose from. Being a small community only brings us closer together I think. We represent the cultural underground in electronic music. I have always felt fortunate to have and be part of the family of musical underground movements.

            It's funny, thinking about why many of our serious listing community are from the baby boomer generation, I wonder if it's because as we age, it gets more difficult to listen to music and occupy our minds with other activities at the same time without becoming overly distracted by the music. With ambient, I can have it playing and still concentrate on other mental activities.
            Surely that's not the main reason I listen to electronic ambient, I have been at it for most of my life. but generally it may also be the best music genre for multitasking, especially among
            baby boomers.

            Actually the verse,chorus,verse, bridge, chorus formula has also seen it's day. Popular music doesn't work that way anymore. It even give you less! It has nothing at all to offer anyone who has half a brain.
            Keep the underground alive. These are times of visual entertainment and interaction. The days of listening to your mind listening to music are sadly coming to an end.
            "If you believe in things you don't understand, you might be a republican."annodeMy Music

            Comment


            • #66
              In addition to Galactic Travels™ on WDIY, I also host...
              Thought Radio™ on WMUH every Saturday at 6:00 am EDT/GMT-4 [summer time] / EST/GMT-5 [standard time] which translates to 11 am in the UK, noon in western Europe).
              website: http://thoughtradio.org
              Warning: Ambient music occurs during Phase 1 of the program. Phase 2 is New Age and Phase 3 is Progressive Rock.
              Cheers!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by BillFox_RadioHost View Post
                In addition to Galactic Travels™ on WDIY, I also host...
                Thought Radio™ on WMUH every Saturday at 6:00 am EDT/GMT-4 [summer time] / EST/GMT-5 [standard time] which translates to 11 am in the UK, noon in western Europe).
                website: http://thoughtradio.org
                Warning: Ambient music occurs during Phase 1 of the program. Phase 2 is New Age and Phase 3 is Progressive Rock.
                Cheers!
                Thank you Bill! I'll be making those additions in a week or two. I'm finishing the horrors of moving and have not had internet all month.
                I'm able to write you now because I made a short stop in at the new place, which is internet happy.

                Thanks again for the info and looking forward to hearing you soon!

                Barry.
                "If you believe in things you don't understand, you might be a republican."annodeMy Music

                Comment


                • #68
                  I discovered a new ambient radio show: Tapeta Lucida

                  Sundays at 10pm - 12am PST, hosted by Stephen Galloway on North State Public Radio.

                  I'm listening right now, very good selections. It's been mostly drone/experimental style ambient so far... might be some modern classical as well according to the description on their website.

                  Stream it here live: https://www.mynspr.org/programs/tapeta-lucida
                  Listen to archived shows here: https://www.mixcloud.com/Tapeta_Lucida/uploads/
                  Last edited by dreamware; 09-28-2020, 12:21 AM.
                  Bandcamp | Youtube | SoundCloud

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by dreamware View Post
                    I discovered a new ambient radio show: Tapeta Lucida

                    Sundays at 10pm - 12am PST, hosted by Stephen Galloway on North State Public Radio.

                    I'm listening right now, very good selections. It's been mostly drone/experimental style ambient so far... might be some modern classical as well according to the description on their website.

                    Stream it here live: https://www.mynspr.org/programs/tapeta-lucida
                    Listen to archived shows here: https://www.mixcloud.com/Tapeta_Lucida/uploads/
                    Thank you very much for considering my list ! Listening to one of the archive streams now.
                    Added it to my Sunday programming list. Sunday is a pretty busy day/night for ambient haha.

                    Thanks again dreamware.
                    Barry/annode
                    "If you believe in things you don't understand, you might be a republican."annodeMy Music

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X